Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingofnooyork

Bauer TUUK Lightspeed Fusion Edge Runners...

Not many choices besides Fusion... LS2 or LS3

Otherwise, you would have to change your holders

LS2 is the same shape/stock 9' radius, just different quality steel. LS3 are taller and have a stock 10' radius (Opposed to 9' Fusion)

Most people on here prefer LS3 and get them custom profiled

LS2 is the same shape/stock 9' radius, just different quality steel. LS3 are taller and have a stock 10' radius (Opposed to 9' Fusion)

Most people on here prefer LS3 and get them custom profiled

Not necessarily. The quality of the steel between the fusion and LS3/2 is the same, it's just fused stainless steel to its upper portion which is a lightweight aluminium. It's lighter and ie. not as durable as the LS3 or LS2. But as far as the steel itself (the portion on the ice) it's the same steel as the LS3/2 and holds and edge just as long.

Not necessarily. The quality of the steel between the fusion and LS3/2 is the same, it's just fused stainless steel to its upper portion which is a lightweight aluminium. It's lighter and ie. not as durable as the LS3 or LS2. But as far as the steel itself (the portion on the ice) it's the same steel as the LS3/2 and holds and edge just as long.

You sure? the steel felt like it had much more glide than the LS2 which is what i have on my TOs.

You sure? the steel felt like it had much more glide than the LS2 which is what i have on my TOs.

That could simply be due to several different factors like ice conditions, time of year when you skated, hardness of the ice, who sharpened your skates, at what hollow, which method of sharpening, and your radius and so on. Yes I am sure.

The bottom of the runners are supposed to be the same materials, yes. But in reality they are not.

Have you ever sharpened a pair? You notice the difference immediately.

Just like stock runners that come in a pair of skates are supposed to be the same as the after market runners.

Another example, compare the stock runners out of a pair of Vapor X80, X90 or X100 to the runners out of a pair of Supreme 180.

Note the difference. 180 will have better (in my opinion) steel.

I encourage people who want to consider the Edge LS3 to also consider the fact that the Edge holder is already 3mm taller than LS2, and that adding LS3 steel onto it would make them even TALLER on the ice. Some might find that too much.

The new LS2 will be more polished as well. Placebo effect? You be the judge.

More polished, yes, that as well. Newer batches seem to have less carbon content than older batches. This is strictly anecdotal though, noted while sharpening.

I encourage people who want to consider the Edge LS3 to also consider the fact that the Edge holder is already 3mm taller than LS2, and that adding LS3 steel onto it would make them even TALLER on the ice. Some might find that too much.

Yeah thats what im thinking although i'd like ot have the pitch adjusted so i'm leaning forward a bit more.

The new LS2 will be more polished as well. Placebo effect? You be the judge.

Use the fusion steel i definitely noticed less "bite" on the blades. I use a 3/8 hollow which is fairly deep and as soon as i got on the ice i had no feeling of too much bite on the ice like i usually have the first time after a fresh sharpening. I get them done at total hockey which is the most trusted skate sharpening in the area. Someone said earlier that the ice quality could have some influence on the feel as well. When i played last night it was VERY humid outside. The ice was really hard though so maybe that's a perfect storm as perhaps there was a thin layer of moisture on the ice due to the outside humidity.

Trying to get a handle on your steel situation on June ice might not be the best time of year to make a final decision. As noted, the ice is softer this time of year for the next few months as compared to December/January rink temps.

? Are you sure the sharpener dressed the wheel to 3/8? Just curious.

Trying to get a handle on your steel situation on June ice might not be the best time of year to make a final decision. As noted, the ice is softer this time of year for the next few months as compared to December/January rink temps.

? Are you sure the sharpener dressed the wheel to 3/8? Just curious.

Yeah i mean i didnt look at the machine but i always bring my skates there. Ice was actually really firm believe it or not. I felt the same sensation with the RBZ skates. Edges were sharp but not that deep bite i used to get on my TOs. Only difference was different runner steel.

I'll skate on some other ice before i make a decision.

I swapped out the fusion steel to LS3 when I pick up my MX3's. I actually went in a week ahead and bought the LS3 steel and had them profiled. When I went in to pick up the skates, they already had the steel swapped out. They were profiled to match my Step Steel I have in my One95's. I haven't had any issues adapting to the taller holder.

I swapped out the fusion steel to LS3 when I pick up my MX3's. I actually went in a week ahead and bought the LS3 steel and had them profiled. When I went in to pick up the skates, they already had the steel swapped out. They were profiled to match my Step Steel I have in my One95's. I haven't had any issues adapting to the taller holder.

Oh ok. What was your blade configuration on your LS3s? Did you change the pitch as well?

I didn't even try to mess with the Edge holders and steel,

I switched my Edge combo out for LS2's and step steel.

No fuss , no muss.

Also switched to LS3 on my APX2 last season. Took me time to adjust coming from X60 (Top model once with LS2). Got them profiled by Pro Skate Balance and love everything about it.

Finally installed the LS3s with the stock 10" profile on the MX3s with 7/16th hollow. Did not change the pitch at all. Skated in them last night. Will take a couple skates to get used to the extreme height but in general feels much better than the fusion blade.

Any of a coated steel for edge holder?

Other than RZR briefly selling them there is nothing available. Bauer has been testing different versions of a coated steel but it most likely won't come to market for another couple of years, if at all.

Other than RZR briefly selling them there is nothing available. Bauer has been testing different versions of a coated steel but it most likely won't come to market for another couple of years, if at all.

Any particular reason why that you are aware of? Has bauer found that coated steel does nothing?