Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Goodbye HNIC

This was the NHIC closing last night. I missed it because I flipped to NBC when the CBC feed started acting up, and forgot to flip back. The song has always given me chills, but pair it with some stunning visuals from this years playoffs and some vintage HNIC moments and it is a fitting goodbye.

The CBC link contains Ron MacLean's good bye speech. Here is the montage on it's own.

I know Rogers/Sportsnet has done hockey before...so it's not like it will be an unknown experience, but it won't be the same moving forward.

i will miss it as well. I know they are still going to broadcast (or simulcast) the saturday games (or at least i think so) on CBC but I am wary of the change over in production, although i have learned this is not always bad.

Same announcers? What about Ron and Don? Those two things are the most important parts of the CBC broadcast, to me at least.

Same announcers? What about Ron and Don? Those two things are the most important parts of the CBC broadcast, to me at least.

as far as i know, Strombo becomes the Host, Don Cherrys role will be more limited, and Ronald is moving to a new show (hence i feel why his statements were like an ending)

Blah. That all sucks.

I like Strombo, but more for his music program than anything. Guy has to do it all aparently. I wonder if the Canadiens fan in him will take over his coverage =)

So far, Rogers has Bob Cole, Jim Hughson, Eliiott Friedman and Scott Oake coming over from CBC. They also have Paul Romanuk coming back from Europe and Dave Randorf from TSN for play by play. Jeff Marek is also going to be part of a studio show. Probably the Wed night host (a la James Duthie). He also does a fair bit of radio for Sportsnet 590.

I assume Huhgson will be the lead guy and get the best Sat games, much like he does now in HNIC. I'm not a big fan or Romanuk or Randorf. I think they Rogers should have gone after Gord MIller and Chris Cuthbert. But, seeing as how TSN needs Cuthbert for CFL football...they would probably make it hard for him to leave. TSN also keep the World Jr...so Miller is a staple there. I wonder what else they will have them doing without hockey?