Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

Why has Warrior struggled so much to crack into the protective market- gloves aside...

gloves? a lot of nhlers are in Warriors. And as far as protective goes, a lot of players try warrior, bauer, ccm, products and go right back to their jofa gear.

Why has Warrior struggled so much to crack into the protective market- gloves aside...

gloves? a lot of nhlers are in Warriors. And as far as protective goes, a lot of players try warrior, bauer, ccm, products and go right back to their jofa gear.

I was confused reading grnmtnvt's post at first, but I think he means, 'Other than gloves, why has Warrior struggled to crack...'

Ilya Kovalchuk's using Warrior shins. I think they're not doing too badly in the elbow department though. It seems like it's just hard to beat Jofa, RBK, or CCM at the undergear categories in general though.

Considering how "new" they still are in the industry, they have done a pretty good job in getting players into their gear. A lot of players stick with brands that they used when they were growing up and I don't think we're quite to the point where any NHL players first equipment came with a Warrior logo on it.

Yeah, that's fair. I've seen lots of Warrior gloves and sticks, no doubt. I should have been more clear, I was referring to the pants, shoulders and elbow pads. It seems that CCM with their new-ish CL line has done a nice job of taking over on that front- especially with shoulders.

Considering how "new" they still are in the industry, they have done a pretty good job in getting players into their gear. A lot of players stick with brands that they used when they were growing up and I don't think we're quite to the point where any NHL players first equipment came with a Warrior logo on it.

Based ont he few things of theirs i've used/seen they really have great quality on their products. Everything just seems stitched well and very mobile. Will definitely be giving them a close look when it's time for some new protective gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C8h0cdaP3o&sns=em

Bauer Supreme TotalOne MX3 Hockey Shoulder Pads

Look forward to the colt going more viral, especially at the NHL level with their stick budgets, it will force the other manufacturers to improve.

They currently have no incentive to improve the durability of their sticks. It will be good for everyone.

Stick manufacturers have every incentive to improve the durability of their sticks. It's called competition. Look at Warrior and how far they've come. Also at the NHL level, I don't see anyone using the colt because it will save the team money spent on sticks.

In order for a player to use a branded stick the company that produces that stick has to pay the NHL. Otherwise the stick or gloves are blacked out. Same thing happened with Jagr and his Combat gloves.

I can't believe anyone would wear shoulder pads like that.

The shoulder pads of today are not even comparable to what they used to be.

Some excellent marketing right there.

who are you referring to?

And comparing them to Douglas Defenders. Whole different philosophy in the NHL nowadays regarding injury compared to the 'good old days' of pseudo-football pads. You should try a modern shoulder pad, you will likely be pleasantly surprised.

I can't believe anyone would wear shoulder pads like that.

The shoulder pads of today are not even comparable to what they used to be.

Some excellent marketing right there.

I think he's referring to the Kovalchuk pads.

And comparing them to Douglas Defenders. Whole different philosophy in the NHL nowadays regarding injury compared to the 'good old days' of pseudo-football pads. You should try a modern shoulder pad, you will likely be pleasantly surprised.

Then there are guys like Sean Thornton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2uRpr88z0