Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Easton Synergy HTX Opinions?

Has anyone had a chance to use it yet? What do you think? I had bad, bad luck with my V9E, so I am a little hesistant on giving one a run, but not many companies carry the e28 curve. Looks like a nice stick, and felt nice in the store.

Anyone else had any on ice experience with this? I tried it out in the shooting booth at discount hockey, but I thought I may have noticed the blade opening up on hard wrist shots. Perhaps due to this new supposed blade technology. Puck handling and feel was great though. Curious if there's anymore input about it.

Just put my warranty replacement on this stick. Men's league meat head went full stupid and two handed the lower shaft area to stop a breakaway. Snapped like a twig, but with his size and the effort behind it, I think almost all sticks today would have broke.

I was very ticked off. I thought the stick was great. Shaft dimensions stuck out to me immediately. Best "feeling" stick in a long time. That's of importance to me.

Took me a while to get used to e36 curve and the pop of the blade, but after two skates I was enjoying it thoroughly. Was getting a good release (for me) on every snapshot. Catching passes was bit of a drawback, blade is very springy until you learn to adjust.

Would say this and the Ribcore are the two best sticks I have played with since SE16 hit the market. Personally, the HTX nudges out Ribcore but based on my preference.

If you are as crazy as me to buy a $260 stick, I suggest giving the HTX a try.

I've had mine for a while, used in about 15-20 games. Feels like an SE16 with a much stiffer blade.

So you publicly admit that the stick doesn't qualify for a warranty replacement?

Why so serious?

And just for reference, I told the same thing to Easton and the rep said I still could get the warranty.

use to using a 85 flex in an eq50 and a 100flex in the v9. Looking at an HTX. I know the flex points are different. Any suggestions on which flex to go with?

I've been using an HTX off and on since early May. I broke it about a month after I got it, got a replacement about a week ago. Between that time period, I was using an original 2005 Stealth. Went back to the HTX as soon as I got it and I had no adjustment time. The puck feel on the blade is almost identical. The shaft dimensions are slightly different, but otherwise it felt like the same stick.

Maybe Easton finally figured out that "Hey, remember those sticks we made in the mid 2000's? Yeah, those worked. Lets do that." Somehow, I doubt that actually happened, but the feel is so similar it's uncanny.

How does this stick compare to a Nexus 8000? Anyone used them both? Shaft dimensions, puck feel, kickpoint, performance? I love my Nexus 1000. I've used a Nexus 8000 and that was even better with puck feel and pop. But Easton's combinations of curve pattern and lies may work better for me so I'd be willing to switch if the HTX compares favorably. I know they are both mid-kick sticks, but that doesn't always mean much. Which Bauer stick does the HTX flex like?

How does this stick compare to a Nexus 8000? Anyone used them both? Shaft dimensions, puck feel, kickpoint, performance? I love my Nexus 1000. I've used a Nexus 8000 and that was even better with puck feel and pop. But Easton's combinations of curve pattern and lies may work better for me so I'd be willing to switch if the HTX compares favorably. I know they are both mid-kick sticks, but that doesn't always mean much. Which Bauer stick does the HTX flex like?

There's not a lot of similarities, IMO.

-HTX has sharper corners with maybe slightly more concave sidewalls.

-I like a lively blade face, which is what the HTX has but the 8000 has a more dampened feel to it. Both feel great but my preference leads towards the HTX.

-I wasn't a big fan of the 1000's KP, albeit I never spent a lot of time with one, but I really like the 8000's KP over the HTX. 8000 felt very easy to load up and fire while the HTX seemed to take more effort and time to load than the 8000.

-Both are great twigs, I don't think you could go wrong either way. If you're a big toe-shooter though, I think I'd go with the HTX and it's blade tech that's geared specifically for that. (HyperToe and HyperTune.) I love how wrist and snap shots whip off of the HTX.

-Lastly, I'd probably say the HTX KP feels closer to the Supreme's Amplified KP rather than Nexus or Vapor. All my personal opinions here but I hope this helps!

Really....hows the puck feel on this one? you guys seem to like it but this dude, http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/2014/07/13/easton-synergy-htx-hockey-stick-review/ , gave a somewhat average review......

i wasnt sure how the combination of hypertoe and hypertune technologies would play out, but i buy my sticks mostly for their feel and puck control...and i really hoped the HTX would be feeling even better than my favorites, SE16, original Mako.... thats the goal when releasing new sticks every year for decades...why would a 2014 stick feel worse than a 2008 stick?

do we have a consensus that the HTX is a great feeling stick? ..i had great expectations on this stick because im a huge Easton fan and especially because of the whole reviving the synergy brand thing, but i was really disappointed when i read the hockeyworld review.. i guess everyone has their own opinion...but usually a bust is a bust..and a hit is a hit. ...

I love the v9e. Was real excited for the synergy but gotta be honest and say it's a little bla. Just my opinion. Like the warrior ax1 lt and true a6 better for mid kick sticks.

I have only used it for one 2-hour pickup, but honestly I was extremely impressed with puck feel. The last few sticks I've used that I really liked were the STX Stallion and Reebok Ribcore. I think the HTX definitely has better feel than both of those, but a somewhat average shot. That being said it seems like there is a lot of great sticks coming out right now. I've heard great great things about CCM tacks, True A6.0, and the Bauer MX3. Unfortunately when I was in the store they hadn't yet received all the demo sticks from manufacturers to try.

Many people including JR are saying how the MX3 shoots crazy hard!

Thats cool but dangling is what real men do and so ive always been a dangler looking for the best feel to improve my puck control. And for me, the Synergy line always had the best feeling sticks out there, and historically this has been true for a lot of people but nowadays competition in sticks has gotten really even. During the last 7 years or so, Bauer has made the most dramatic leap forward, but it still seems that today market shares in sticks are pretty evenly distributed at the pro level, and by extension at every level below.

I wonder how other top end sticks stack up to the glorious Synergy line right now!

After several more skates with the HTX I can say, it still has amazing feel, but the shot is somewhat temperamental. I know its a mid-kick but for wristers and snap shots you really have to make sure your bottom hand is low on the shaft and lean in pretty heavy to get good velocity. Compared to the Miken ZL, one of the best all around sticks I've used, this stick doesn't seem to be quite as versatile. With the Miken I felt I could get a good shot regardless of hand placement, for the HTX it's lagging unless that bottom hand is low on the shaft.

Also, it is the whippiest 75 flex I have ever used. I know mid-kicks generally feel whippier than low kicks, but this is even more so than other mid-kicks in the same flex. I never thought I would consider going higher than 75, but its entered my mind with this stick. The extra whip has not added to extra power.

That being said, the feel is incredible!

One more thing to add...it's very forgiving for one-timers and slap shots. You don't have to make perfect contact to get good power...but I think the Miken ZL, original RBZ, and Stallion all kicked harder.

Used it (75 flex, E28, grip) at my LHS' shooting range a couple of days ago. In comparison to my NXGSE and the QR1 I used there, I felt it was heavy and lacked the same pop the other twigs have. I believe Easton sticks are a little longer at retail, too.

I completely agree with orion's opinion on feel and forgiveness on one timers.

Aireaye, I see you've used the True A6.0. How does that stack up to the HTX?

I can't give a thorough opinion because I've only used the HTX for about an hour at a demo event. The TRUE is definitely lighter and better balanced, but the HTX has better puck feel.