Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Rink Rat Identity Krysis Reviews?

Has anyone on here skated on them yet? I'm curious if they are worth the extra price over the Splits, which I have been using for the past 2 years. I doubt they are THAT much better, but I was curious, so I figured I would ask here.

What's your take on the splits vs addictions? I seem more local guys using the rink rat stuff than anything else it seems.

I'm thinking of trying these out the next time I need wheels.

What's your take on the splits vs addictions? I seem more local guys using the rink rat stuff than anything else it seems.

I'm thinking of trying these out the next time I need wheels.

After the first generation of Addiction wheel (which I LOVED), I have been extremely disappointed. The wheels seem to have no grip (Yes, I am using the XXX Grip and I weigh 165 Lbs). I finally said screw it and just stuck with the RR Splits. The best part about the Splits is that they NEVER lose grip. Mine started to wear down with time (cracking around the wheel itself), but they still gripped like day one. Unlke others, I have never had a problem with RR wheel chunking. I have had ONE wheel chunk in my 10 years using them. I think people were buying the incorrect durometer for their weight. RR also moved their production back to the US, so quality should be even better with this generation.

Rink Rat CS is top notch as well and they treat their customers right. This is another reason why I stick with them. Hope this helped.

Off topic but got me wondering, do you play indoor or outdoor?

I personally play outdoor on smooth concrete, and I've never seen anyone use wheels this expensive, best wheels I've seen is probably labeda grippers

Multi pour wheels like Splits, addictions and other top end wheels are designed for indoor use. If you are skating outside you should use a single pour wheel with the right hardness for the surface you are skating on, that is if you want them to last a reasonable time. And this isn't to say that you can't use addictions / splits etc outside but don't expect them to last very long before they are destroyed.

And +1 to kovalchuk71 comments on addictions versus splits. Whilst I'm not one of the quickest out there my son is and he has complained to me many times about addcitions losing grip quickly. Switched him to splits a couple of years ago and that problem has gone away.

Multi pour wheels like Splits, addictions and other top end wheels are designed for indoor use. If you are skating outside you should use a single pour wheel with the right hardness for the surface you are skating on, that is if you want them to last a reasonable time. And this isn't to say that you can't use addictions / splits etc outside but don't expect them to last very long before they are destroyed.

And +1 to kovalchuk71 comments on addictions versus splits. Whilst I'm not one of the quickest out there my son is and he has complained to me many times about addcitions losing grip quickly. Switched him to splits a couple of years ago and that problem has gone away.

what do you think was the issue in the grip going away? What did they change about the next gen addictions?

And I'm still trying to justify buying the krysis over the splits

I don't know why the grip went off on addictions. The wheel still looked fine but it would noticeably slide more than when new and this has happened since I started using them back in 2010 thru till now. Occasionally I get given some addictions and use them just to see if they have changed, when new they are a fantastic wheel but they do go off quicker than splits or revision plus (which I'm currently on because they were freebies also). I can't answer why the krysis would be a better buy than splits, what I can say is the split is a hell of a good wheel and I'll continue to buy them until the krysis prove themselves on the rink.

I don't know why the grip went off on addictions. The wheel still looked fine but it would noticeably slide more than when new and this has happened since I started using them back in 2010 thru till now. Occasionally I get given some addictions and use them just to see if they have changed, when new they are a fantastic wheel but they do go off quicker than splits or revision plus (which I'm currently on because they were freebies also). I can't answer why the krysis would be a better buy than splits, what I can say is the split is a hell of a good wheel and I'll continue to buy them until the krysis prove themselves on the rink.

My problem was getting them to grip in the first place. With my first batch, they took a game or two to fully "break in" and grip. This time, however, it NEVER happened. They were forever slick. After giving them two tries (two different batches), I gave up and went back to RR. I should have never left Rink Rat in the first place. It was a very expensive mistake.

For you guys using the rink rats do you find they chunk any less than the labeda wheels? My addictions seem to be holding up fine and I'm not noticing any loss in grip but there is defintely some signs of chunking starting to happen.

I haven't used the Krysis wheels but I've got the new world cups & I'm really disappointed with them.

I don't know if I got a bad batch but mine started cracking & shredding after 2 short sessions.

In comparison my original world cups took 1-2 months to show any signs of cracks last year and I've used them from October until this past week.

Performance wise grip is better but they're noticably slower than the originals.

Hopefully it's just a bad batch but as a long time World Cup fan I feel really disappointed.

At $20 a wheel here in Australia trying the Krysis is looking a little to risky now.

I haven't used the Krysis wheels but I've got the new world cups & I'm really disappointed with them.

I don't know if I got a bad batch but mine started cracking & shredding after 2 short sessions.

In comparison my original world cups took 1-2 months to show any signs of cracks last year and I've used them from October until this past week.

Performance wise grip is better but they're noticably slower than the originals.

Hopefully it's just a bad batch but as a long time World Cup fan I feel really disappointed.

At $20 a wheel here in Australia trying the Krysis is looking a little to risky now.

PM Faction Sports. They should be able to remedy the issue you are having!

Hi Aussie - send me an email, with some more info please and a couple pics. The old WC's were 84a and the new ones are 82a so they will feel a little slower. But the new ones are designed for indoor use on multiple types of indoor surfaces (wood, roll on, painted, even tile) but not on asphalt or abrasive like the old ones were. I'm personally skating the new WC's on sport court and they've been great for over 2 months now skating several times a week...so I would like to find out why/how yours cracked so soon.

Thanks

Nick

Rink Rat

I have been using them since the middle of July and LOVE them. The grip is on another level. Durability has been pretty good too, considering I am on them 5x a week. I will post a LTR soon.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Nick & Faction Sports.

He went above and beyond to help me out and as a long time Rink Rat user I couldn't be happier.

Very happy to continue using the rink rat product!

On 8/27/2014 at 3:09 AM, kovalchuk71 said:

I have been using them since the middle of July and LOVE them. The grip is on another level. Durability has been pretty good too, considering I am on them 5x a week. I will post a LTR soon.

hi, can you give a updated review on the Krysis please.

i have just ordered a set :)

thanks,