Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theo

Mission skate sizing...

Hi,

I had a pair of 2002 era Mission RTx's that finally fell apart recently. I dug up the footbed and see an 11 under the padding, which I assume is the size. I see no other proof of size on the skate.

I'm in the market for new ones and I am just wondering if I should be looking at the same size or has Mission changed their sizing the past decade+?

I seem to remember that back when I received them, they were unique in that they made them similar to shoe size, but I could be dead wrong. Now from size charts, it seems they are like the other brands where in the skate is a size or two smaller than shoe size.

Thanks for your advice and hope you all had a nice 4th and weekend.

Mission changed their sizing when Bauer purchased them and released the Boss SE range. If the RTx was an 11 and depending on how they fitted you for length, you would be looking at a 9.5 or 10 in the current range.

The best advice I heard when sizing new skates is use a pair of dress or running/althetic shoes that fits you best and base your sizing from that shoe size. So if your best fitting dress shoes are a 11 then look at 9.5 - 10 depending on how big your foot is.

I wear a 9.5 - 10 shoes and my last pair of missions were the Boss SE's and a 8.5 was a tad big. My new pair of Bauers are 8 and they fit like a glove.

Thanks, guys. I am thinking 9.5 all the way.

Kind of intrigued by Alkali skates as well. Been out of the product game for a while, so I have no clue what people think of them aside from reading a few reviews, but just from looks, they remind me of Mission. Our buddy Justin obviously has done great things with the brand and I am sure a lot of the technology goes hand-in-hand with what Mission was doing. Ideally, I wish I could try them, but this will all be done online. I imagine sizing is similar to Mission?

I bought an $850 pair of Mako's from my local hockey shop and the holder cracks after 3-4 skates. I go to them with my name and info and they promise to call back after talking with Easton and I have heard nothing. So my allegiance towards them is pretty much over. Not that they carry much in the way of roller hockey skates, but the point remains the same.

The new Mission skates are built on the same last as the Bauer Supreme skates. So if you try on say a TotalOne skate and figure out your size in that you'll know your Mission size. For most people the Alkali skates fit about a half size smaller than the current Mission skates. So if you're a 9.5 in the Missions then you'd be a 10 in Alkali.

As far as length is concerned, I've tried on both Makos and Supremes. The Supremes felt maybe a quarter size longer than the Makos in the same size. So you could potentially use the same size in Makos or half to go up a half size vs. a Supreme/Mission. Your experiences may vary - your best bet to confirm Mission sizing is to figure out your Bauer Supreme size from the One95 or later models (TotalOne, NXG, MX3, One100 ect.).

Thanks, guys. I am thinking 9.5 all the way.

Kind of intrigued by Alkali skates as well. Been out of the product game for a while, so I have no clue what people think of them aside from reading a few reviews, but just from looks, they remind me of Mission. Our buddy Justin obviously has done great things with the brand and I am sure a lot of the technology goes hand-in-hand with what Mission was doing. Ideally, I wish I could try them, but this will all be done online. I imagine sizing is similar to Mission?

Alkali are a very well built skate, best I have come across in the inline world and I'm very hard on my skates. As the last poster said, they fit 1/2 a size different to todays Mission / Bauer etc. If you were getting a 9.5 Bauer you would want a 10 alkali.

Thank you all once again.

Decided on the AC9's, from Amazon of all places. Can't wait to try them!