Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarfreek92

am i using the right hardness?

What makes you think you're using the wrong hardness? Are you concerned you have too much grip or not enough? If you're sliding out all over the place and having trouble making turns you're probably on a wheel that's too hard.

What makes you think you're using the wrong hardness? Are you concerned you have too much grip or not enough? If you're sliding out all over the place and having trouble making turns you're probably on a wheel that's too hard.

How would you know if you have too much grip?

You feel a little slower than you think you should be or you're tearing through wheels really fast (the latter isn't the best reason because highly skilled players can chew through the right wheel fast too). It's a little hard to generalize. That said the weight guidelines that are listed for most higher end wheels seems to be fairly accurate. If you're over 190lbs I'd probably stay off anything 74a.

Try a mix of 78a and 76a. Maybe 78a in the middle and 76a on the outside. I've found there is no magic answer and a lot of preference. I almost always prefer a harder wheel on the back 2. I personally use the grip+ (I think 78a? Addictions) out back and 74a labeda RPGs up front. My next setup is going to be similar but I think 76a up front. I'm right at 200lbs.

Try single vs dual pour wheels. There's really no definite answer when it comes to what wheels to choose. For the most part its trial and error and user preference, since each scenario is different depending on playing surface, skating style, and personal preference. I've never felt like there is a difference in using a mixed setup, but I play with guys who swear by it.

I use 84a(old WC/HSx) & now on 82a(new WC).

For my weight and height6ft 2", 185) the 84a wheels were the only ones that provides blistering acceleration & allowed me to continue to stride and put power down in turns.

Nothing else provides that same level of speed for me.

I use 84a(old WC/HSx) & now on 82a(new WC).

For my weight and height6ft 2", 185) the 84a wheels were the only ones that provides blistering acceleration & allowed me to continue to stride and put power down in turns.

Nothing else provides that same level of speed for me.

dam how hard is stopping??