Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChunkyThunder

How important are spacers?

I tried putting my old kryptonic wheels on my current skates and since the screw is thicker, I need to use this kind of spacer

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/TheGoods/k2skates_2012_8mm-bearing-spacer?hei=425&wid=425&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=.3,.3,6,0&iccembed=1&fmt=png

They don't fit in the wheel. The plastic is too thick. So would it be a bad idea to just not put those at all and just put the bearings in?

Thanks

Spacers are essential. They allow you to tighten the axles properly, while still maintaining wheel spin.

Ya I just tried it, and it was pretty bad, either the wheel wouldn't spin or the bolt would be too loose to skate on.

So do I have any options with these old wheels?

sounds like u have micro hub wheels if the saucer spacers wont fit in the wheels. in that case u can buy micro 688 size 8mm spacers they sell them on ebay for $6-10. do u have a pic of the wheel??

sounds like u have micro hub wheels if the saucer spacers wont fit in the wheels. in that case u can buy micro 688 size 8mm spacers they sell them on ebay for $6-10. do u have a pic of the wheel??

They're regular sized wheels, I was using 608 bearings with them before but this kind of spacer

Sonic-Inline-Hockey-Skate-Bearing-Spacer

The skates I'm using now have a thicker bolt/screw, so I can't use that kind of spacer anymore, here's a pic of the wheels anyway (ruler for reference)

QgFzJ2n.jpg

It has happened to me. I took a round file to enlarge the hole in the wheel just enough so the spacer passes freely through it. You can also use sandpaper around a dowel. It's a bit of work but does the trick.