Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarfreek92

new skates?

alright i come to the conclusion that i need new skates. currently im skating in bauer xr4s. but looking how the liners are missing in the heels and how close together the top 3 eyelets come together. i can only guess that they dont fit my foot correctly. so im looking at ac1s but.. i have a little concern about them not being a composite boot. am i stressing over that fact? is that something i shouldn't worry about? would i be better of getting a bauer supreme ice boot say a one.9 and converting it over? is that too much to hassle with? yes ive tried all these skates on. and to honest i cant complain about the fit of either skate. but the supremes do look better as far as how the lacing looks. and the old old pair i have feels fine no problems skating except the stupid straight frame. Any other options i should look at? am i over thinking it?

If the vapor stuff fits your foot well the Supreme probably isn't going to. They are a completely different fit profile. I've tried all 3 Bauer lines (vapor, supreme, and nexus) and the Supreme is the only one that works for my foot. The AC1 is a really nice skate. I wouldn't be so concerned about them not being a composite boot. Any of the current higher end roller skates are already nice

You're stressing about the composite. I mean pro nhl players use x90s cause they like tech mesh. Buy AC1s and hold out a couple months for the new DS1 mission skates to come out so the AC1s go on clearance. Or even get the DS1s. My One.9 conversion was a bit of a pain. Worth it for me though, they're my pride and joy.

Go with what fits you best. I'm on an old busted pair of converted supreme one80s because they are the only skate that fits my foot just right. Just picked up a new pair of one.8s off last years clearance. I'll be starting the conversion work this weekend. I'll agree its a ton of work to convert but worth it if it's the right boot. I'd eventually like to move to the total ones but for now those are out of budget.

No idea on the longevity of a conversion skate. I have a feeling the heavier you are the faster you'll tear them up. I'm going on about 6 months on mine although I bought the skates used before pulling the holders. They are showing a little bit of wear but I also use them outdoors. I'm planning to keep my new pair dedicated to indoor and the other outdoor.

do you think i will have issues with it lasting i play aihl and house leagues all year round. i dont wanna go through this every year and a half

Depends on how aggressive of a skater you are. I dont think converting makes a difference on longevity. You get what you pay for as far as the boot and chassis are concerned. If you go through a top of the line pair every year and a half, you'll do it regardless of conversion or not just because of your skating style. Fastest player i know used to have to drop top dollar on skates every 8 months or so when he was younger because he punished them.