Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Julian

Easton or Warrior hockey stick?

I've been looking into a new hockey stick and I've checked out an Easton EQ50 and some Warrior sticks. Has anyone

used these brands, if so, would you have a preference? I am primarily concerned with performance and durability, thanks.

I had an EQ50 stick 2 seasons ago and it was crap, didn't last me half the season b4 it cracked at the blade where the weights are. That is where they all break, and I'm not hard on sticks normally. I luv Easton too, as I use it for my primary stick now which is the Mako 2 E28 curve. Luv this this stick as it's the best I've ever used.

I have never used a Warrior so can't comment on the durability.

i just bought my first EQ50 and the outer layer of "coating" is almost completely chipped off near the hosel and the fuse point is exposed. I dont know what that ~1/16" black coating is exactly, but it is not holding up at all. It has not broke yet, but it has gotten significantly whippier and I've only used it 6 times or so.

I have used and loved the S19's and now the Mako 2. Never used a Warrior...

Warrior's are good sticks, Easton can be hit or miss sometimes. If you're going Easton, I've really liked the V9 and HTX. Warrior... I haven't used one since the Dolo Spyne.

I've used both Easton and Warrior sticks. I've had EQ sticks (3 of them), a 75S. For Warrior I currently have a Diablo. Both Easton and Warrior sticks (at least in my experience) have low kick points. My Diablo stick feels incredibly lighter than my EQ sticks, and somewhat lighter than my 75S. Durability wise, my Diablo have held up a bit better, but I think they'd probably both be about the same.

Once my current stick breaks, if I can't order another Diablo stick, I'll probably switch back to Easton because of their new E28 curve. It's impossible for me to find the equivalent in Warrior sticks (toe curve) now for some reason. They offer one, but it seems like no 75 flex sticks are offered with it.

Warrior all the way. They have really come a long way in performance and especially durability. I made the switch from Easton to warrior years ago and couldn't be happier.

.....Easton can be hit or miss sometimes.....

I agree with this^^ I've had S19's that lasted me a year and a half of abuse and have had it's twin break for no apparent reason in 4 skates. Its a crapshoot sometimes....the only warrior I tried was a Bentley, so not really a fair comparison to the S19 or EQ50 even.

Coming from someone who has used many sticks in all of the available brands I am a fan in this order

1. Bauer

2. CCM/Reebok

3. Warrior

4. Easton...

Would I ever buy an Easton retail stick? Absolutely not... They perform great while they last but for a longgg time Easton has been nothing but garbage in terms or durability in almost everything that they make. You should seriously consider Bauer or CCM reebok over Easton.

Coming from someone who has used many sticks in all of the available brands I am a fan in this order

1. Bauer

2. CCM/Reebok

3. Warrior

4. Easton...

Would I ever buy an Easton retail stick? Absolutely not... They perform great while they last but for a longgg time Easton has been nothing but garbage in terms or durability in almost everything that they make. You should seriously consider Bauer or CCM reebok over Easton.

lol my list is the complete opposite of that

1. Easton

2. Warrior

3. Bauer

4. RBK/CCM

I haven't had durability issues with Easton at all (besides a small dent in the blade of my rsII, even with the dent though the blade is completely fine, works great) My Rs1 lasted a year (its still fine,just very whippy) and my rsII has lasted over 6 months so far.

Warrior, I've heard there durability has gotten great, if it was great 3 years ago, I'd probably still be using warrior.

Bauer, i just don't like any of there sticks, i don't know why, maybe because i don't like mid kick sticks, and the apx has two flex points or whatever.

Reebok/Ccm i don't really like any if there curves.