Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vet88

Boot similar to RX60?

My son has been in RX60's since they first come out. The boots are finally giving up and I have to replace them. I picked up some near new Premiers and he doesn't like them. His comment is that the forward flex in them is a lot stiffer than in his RX60's (or one100 ice skates) and this makes him skate more upright which he does not like. He's tried my max skates and doesn't like them either so I'm back to checking out the latest range of Bauer skates but our one and only lhs carries almost no stock.

If he doesn't like the stiffness in a premier then I'm pretty sure this takes out the apxr or apxr2. For anyone out there that had RX60's, which boot have you moved to that feels similar?

And if anyone knows where I could buy a pair of 6 or 6.5EE RX60's, I'd snap them up in a heartbeat....

A brand new skate is going to feel a lot different than a skate thats been beat to hell and are broken down. Stick with the Premiers, they break in really well and the fit is very similar.

That's what I said to him but then he pointed out that his one100's were brand new and from his first skate in them, they instantly felt similar in the forward flex as do the rx60's. Admittedly I think this has more to do with the blade rocking but when a teenager gets an idea in their head, it's sometimes very hard to shift....

The fit of the premiers are fine, it's just this forward flex issue he has at the moment. I'm tempted to get some flex55 and see if these fix the problem for him. I'm going to try and get him to skate in them once a week for the next month or so and hopefully this will change his mind but still wouldn't mind any rx60 previous owners jumping in and letting us know what they moved to.

I know its not the vapor fit but has he ever tried on the mission ac1 skates? I skate on the bauer apx skates for ice and the ac1 is pretty good in terms of flexibility. If you do get the bauer x90r... you get a aluminum chassis instead of magnesium. One thing to take in account is that premier has a thick felt tongue while the x60r has a thin felt tonuge which might be the reason why he feels more straight up.

What about lacing one eyelet down?

He did that second time out on them, it helped but he still moaned at me about it.