Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badger_14

Slipping straps on C/A

It is probable that this is a silly newbie question, but bear with me?

I have a CCM CL 500 chest/arm, looks like this:

$_35.JPG

I like how it fits and all, except that the red straps on the arms continually slither loose while playing, sometimes to the point of actually slipping free, leaving me with a dangling lower-forearm piece. (if I am not wearing a jersey which, playing ball hockey, I often am not). Is there anything I can do that'll hold them in place better? Duct-tape? Find a good settingand glue/sew/staple them down? ("better quality chest/arm" is not currently an option).

Forgive me if this is a foolish question, thanks. :)

option 1: run a stitch across the strap. (doesn't allow for adjustment though)

option 2: run the excess of the strap back through the buckle again.

I'll see if I can post a picture of what this looks like...

Do you wear that C/A for ice also? I was looking at the CCM CL 500 in the store and really liked them, so just curious what you think of them other than the strap issue. Sorry about the derailment :)

I had the same issue with the straps on a C/A that I had. What worked best for me was just wrapping some sock tape on the straps so they couldn't slide past the buckle to get loose. If you needed to adjust the straps later on, it was as simple as removing the tape.

Do you wear that C/A for ice also? I was looking at the CCM CL 500 in the store and really liked them, so just curious what you think of them other than the strap issue. Sorry about the derailment :)

I haven't tried it on ice yet. It still feels kind of bulky to me, but I've only played in it three times so far, and I was previously using a 20+ year old vaughn that was not in the best shape, so I'm adjusting to the aspect of "chest protector that is actually protective". I suspect it would be okay for C/D level ice play. If I survive a pick-up session I'll let you know how it works for ice. ;)

(also, the CL 500 seems to run REALLY big. I'm wearing an intermediate L/XL and it fits fine, although I could wear a senior small if I had to.)

option 1: run a stitch across the strap. (doesn't allow for adjustment though)

option 2: run the excess of the strap back through the buckle again.

I'll see if I can post a picture of what this looks like...

re: 2 - I get what you mean, run it back through the plastic rectangle/d-ring, right? That's a thought I hadn't considered.

I had the same issue with the straps on a C/A that I had. What worked best for me was just wrapping some sock tape on the straps so they couldn't slide past the buckle to get loose. If you needed to adjust the straps later on, it was as simple as removing the tape.

I think this is what I might try if I can't figure out the back-looping, or until I get more used to how it fits. Thanks. :)

nylonstrap.jpg

If you can follow this, take the excess nylon strap and flip it back over the top of the buckle, then tuck it through the buckle on the far side... It's usually a little hard to get through, but that is what keeps it there. It's worth the effort, it won't move and it is a completely reversible process if you want to make adjustments. Hope this helps... ;)

If you can follow this, take the excess nylon strap and flip it back over the top of the buckle, then tuck it through the buckle on the far side... It's usually a little hard to get through, but that is what keeps it there. It's worth the effort, it won't move and it is a completely reversible process if you want to make adjustments. Hope this helps... ;)

Thanks. Yep, that's about what I figured it was. The straps are a rather elastic material, so it should be easier than regular nylon webbing.

This. Easily undone if you want it to be, but if wrapped tightly it won't come undone on its own.