Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taz_g

injured after malleolus hit by puck, normal?

Hey guys, I'm using alkalis rpd team, and I'm posting this here because I'm wondering if its normal to feel lots of pain after being hit by a puck on the medial malleolus , or if theres anything wrong with my skate or fitting. It was not even a slap shot, and we are rookie players, The puck hit the skate right over the ankle bone (I was actually trying to stop it) instantly I fell off without being able to move my ankle, I had to be carried out of the rink cos I was not able stand. Doctor said theres a very small crack on the bone , ant that I have to stay 2 -3 weeks off. 15 days from that I still feel some pain if I apply pressure. So the question is, could this be normal? if it is, what would happen if get hit by a pro slap shot ? I thought the skate should provide enough protection but does it make sense to use socks with extra padding ?

Thanks for your comments !

That does not seem normal. RPD Team skates offer more than enough protection for blocking an average shot

Did the puck manage to hit you in a spot that the skates don't cover?

I wouldn't put the skates at blame here, seems like an unusual accident

You get what you pay for with skates, I mean if you take a pro slap shot, its going to hurt regardless. But the Teams are actually a nice skate so I would chalk this one up to it just being a fluke. Sometimes you get a really weird angle and it just hits perfectly that it does serious damage. That's just the nature of sports though. I don't think the skates are to blame