Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tattoosbyjay

bauer supreme one 100 vs nxg

I have a pair of nxg skates now but have seen a few pair of one 100 for sale in my size at a good price what is the main diff between these two does one offer more padding than the other is one more comfortable than the other any input would be appreciated thanks in advance

I have noticed in graf skates some of the boots look to have a forward pitch where the tendon guard is , at least in pics it seems to look that way I wasn't sure if the nxg or the one 100 differed in that way , is one stiffer than the other does one have more padding than the other , hoping maybe someone has had experience with both boots

The liner in the One100 is full clarino, which, IMHO, is a better liner. It's slightly tacky when damp so it encourages heel lock. The padding is very similar in both boots, so the liner difference is what you'll notice more than anything. Stiffness is slightly higher on the One100.

The One100 also doesn't have drainage holes in the bottom of the skate, which you will notice after a few hours of ice time. You can drill your own, however.

perfect thanks guys that's the info I was hoping to hear , the liner does sound like a better fit for me and the improved heel lock would be great for sure , thanks again

thank you for all the replies , I just picked up a second pair of nxg's and a pair of one 100's , and I have to say after looking at the two side by side to me the one 100 seems to be a better constructed skate , and I agree with the comment on the liner I like the feel of it much better than the nxg liner , I also like the tongue better on the one 100. its a bit heavier but weight is not a concern to me, and there seems to be a bit more volume in the one 100 , my foot seems to sit nice and flat like they do in my graf skates which I really like the feel of that , and the one 100 seems to have more lateral stiffness with more forward flex , just offering my take on the skates incase there was anyone else looking to make a choice between the two skates , and the nice thing is you can pick the one 100's up at a good price used , the ones I got are in nice shape and have plenty of life left in them ill be keeping an eye out for a back up pair of these , and the nxg's will have the marsblade mounted on them super excited for that

I actually prefer the One.9 to the NXG. The felt tongue makes all the difference in the world, well and the price.

I like the one 9 as well I have a pair that I turned into roller blades , but from what I can tell the one 100 will work out even better for myself , ill find out soon