Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SB39

Using a heavy stick to practice at home

I'm curious what consensus may exist on MSH about using clunker sticks, that you would never use on the rink, for practice at home. I use a 2005 Nike Apollo to mess around in my kitchen, saving my Diablos and Mission VHex-2 for skates. I feel like this gives me stronger hands and better feel when switching over to the better sticks, after a short acclimation. Do others here use game or near game-caliber sticks for home practice or something a bit more... ghetto?

I've duct taped two pucks to either side of the "hozel" of my stick to stick handle with. Unbelievable how heavy it seems. Then when I go back to a regular stick it's like lightning quick.

Nothing wrong with it for stickhandling. However, if you are practicing shooting, you should use the same type of stick you use in games.

The taping of pucks to the sticks works insanely well! The ice thing is you add the weight and if you need to take it off ever for a game or practice you can. Weight is fun for training.