Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tech1208

Bauer Vapor APX Pants.

I was needing equipment after getting back into the game and started searching everywhere for eveyrthing.

I wanted lighter yet protective pants. I stumbled upon the Bauer Vapor APX Pants. They were on sale as last years model and the price for the level was unbeatable.

Pros: The pants are super lightweight. They offer very good tailbone, front/side thigh and kidney/hip protection. Did I mention they are super lightweight? I'm really impressed with how much mobility you have in the legs and the seat.

Cons: I find the waist adjustment just not strong enough to hold the posistion on your waist through the game. I do have to adjust them on my waist as the game goes. They do not offer a suspender option. I also find that the kidney/hip protection protrude more outward than inward, so my jersey is regularly getting caught up on the inside of the protection rather than staying on the outside. They could use a little more padding and or protection on the rear thigh side.

Overall: I like them. You do not realize you have a set of pants on when playing, and other than the jersey adjustment, I really can't complain one bit. If I skated a little better, I probably would not complain about the lack of padding on the rear thigh side.

I personally prefer girdles. Much closer fit and that generally makes the protection a lot better. Both have the same padding, just a closer fit with the girdle. My preference.