Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Langkow22

Bauer P08 vs P92

does anybody own these two curves and can tell me how different they play ?

I've switched between the crazy obi and sakic in the past

I'm more interested on how the lie plays

I also notice they've now renamed the P92 ovechkin i wonder if this is because they're going to be getting rid go the P08 ??

many thanks

From what I've picked up they will be dropping the P08, the p08 plays lower and I found when simply catching passes, especially at angles it was hard to control because the curve is so dynamic and twisted. With the p08 I couldn't even follow the whole "shoot from the toe" mechanic like you should with the e28 or w28 cause its a twisted heel curve. I think it looks cool though, and it is FUN to play with as it is something less common. That being said, I wouldn't use it in a championship game where everything matters.

Just wasn't popular enough

Judging how the P08 pattern always seemed to be the last one left on the major retailers clearance inventory I guess the gamble that the general public would buy Ovie's curve in order to play like Ovie didn't work out.

Judging how the P08 pattern always seemed to be the last one left on the major retailers clearance inventory I guess the gamble that the general public would buy Ovie's curve in order to play like Ovie didn't work out.

it may have worked out if there wasn't also a P14 curve available as well. However, there weren't enough sales to justify two different toe hooks.

it may have worked out if there wasn't also a P14 curve available as well. However, there weren't enough sales to justify two different toe hooks.

Can we infer that the P14 had substantially better sales than the P08? From my personal experience, either in store or online I found it much harder to find a P14 than a P08. Either way I'd imagine the P92/P88/PM9 patterns dwarf the sales of all their other pattern offerings.

Can we infer that the P14 had substantially better sales than the P08? From my personal experience, either in store or online I found it much harder to find a P14 than a P08. Either way I'd imagine the P92/P88/PM9 patterns dwarf the sales of all their other pattern offerings.

I don't know their numbers, but that would appear to be a safe assumption.It may also be a way to push sales of the P14 and give players a better user experience. The vast majority of people I have seen using the P08 were not able to use it effectively and that could have been a consideration in terminating one curve over the other.

You are right those curves couldn't possibly be my personal preference, just a crutch for my lack of skills. Will you teach me how to be awesome chippa13? I am your humble hockey pupil.

I thought they were releasing an E28 clone under Giroux's name? Says here (http://www.hockeygiant.com/bahostblpach.html) Giroux is the new P02.

I coulda sworn they had a Giroux curve(not the p02) on MyBauer for the longest time...why not just introduce that into retail

You are right those curves couldn't possibly be my personal preference, just a crutch for my lack of skills. Will you teach me how to be awesome chippa13? I am your humble hockey pupil. You douche.

Woaaah woah woah, I see no issue with chirping back but that end remark is something that may draw admins eyes, just be careful.

I wheeled off crazy one timers from the left face off circle with it, so if you just threw me in some big ice hockey pants with a crazy spine guard you could say I was Alex Jr. :wink:

All the curves I like are axed. The Kremlin, gionta and now the p08. that's great.

What about the new Pacioretty W71? Looks like it could be compatible with what you like, if its lie isn't too high. Also, the E28 is here for a while, with offerings from Warrior and Base as well as Easton. Pro stock, you can still find CCM 77-pattern Ovi's sometimes; same with Easton's E38, which seems to be a Kremlin clone or pretty close to one.

Edit: just looked at True, and they have an Ovi-esque TC1. Haven't seen it in person compared to the other patterns you mentioned, but it could be an option. Plus, Harrow has Ovy blades (pattern #10), if you're not averse to trying a less mainstream hockey brand and going shaft/blade combo.

Guess you'll have to learn how to lift the puck on your own.

In my experience, I can shoot high or low and handle fine with an E4, but an E4 with some toe kink or hook gives me 10x the feel of the puck on my blade, where I don't look when I'm carrying the puck at all, which is my ideal. It's more about having the ability to just turn the face over a bit to be able to bring the puck back in. Liking those toe aggressive curves with more or less heel twist or curve doesn't have to be about getting one's shots high. In fact, lately I've been playing with a Leino Kovalev clone that's essentially an E6 with a kink later in the toe than the Kremlin or Gionta, and never have I been able to shoot better low. I guess I like a rockered blade for shooting, but that doesn't have to be in order to find the upper corners as much as low post and in.

New curve coming next spring. Guessing with new apx line.

I don't get what you're trying to say. Could you elaborate a bit?

Where do you see an E28 clone? All I can find looks like the old Lidstrom pattern: higher lie, more of a mid-heel hook than heel-toe hook.

I know. I read on PHEW that there'd be a new E28 clone under Giroux's name. Who knows?

I use a P92 on a Bauer X70 stick with 87 flex. I love it. Once I got the length dialed in for the lie. The wrist shots are amazing and the stick handling is very good. I play forward wing, so defense, I would probably change to something less curvy.

Most defensemen prefer a flatter curve, makes it easier to make plays on forehand and backhand and makes it easier to keep shots low on from the point.