Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

senorkevin

Skates a little too big

I ordered my skate online after trying them on in store. I tried them on but they same to be a little bit too big.

Does anyone have any tips how I could make them fit better?

I have about 1 cm of space at the front.

1 cm of space is about 1 full size too big. You can make skates fit bigger, but not smaller. Things like thicker socks ect would make them feel a little snugger, but it's far from ideal. Your best bet is to return/exchange them for the right size or sell them and buy the right size. As for the right size you're likely best going 1 full size down and not a half size. Skates will only feel bigger after you bake them and break them in (the padding compresses ect.).

Standard response is to buy skates at the store that takes the time and trouble to fit you. Another benefit of their service is that returning is much easier than online.

As Anthony said, get the right size, it can make a big difference. Fit is critical in skates and helmets.