Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2panther

Flexlites vs nexus

I have a pair of flexlite 4.0's that I'm looking to replace. Did the nexus models replace the flexlites? Would it be safe to assume they would have a similar fit?

I'm looking specifically at the Nexus 600 LE that I saw on Pure Hockey

http://www.purehockey.com/bauer-nexus-600-le-senior-hockey-skates-22498

I could jump up to the 800 if the cost vs benefit was justifiable

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-hockey-skates-nexus-800-sr.html

or would it make sense to go to the 6000 at this point?

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-hockey-skate-nexus-6000-sr.html

Thank you

You should check out the catalog reviews but I believe that the Nexus 600 was a Flexlite type skate.

Nexus 800 and below are flexlite-like fits. The 1000 is totally different.

If you are coming from the 4.0, you should definitely spend the money on the 800 -- clarino liner is worth it.

I called and my small local shop doesn't stock the Nexus line right now but they do stock Eastons. I've had a pair of SE17's in the past that served me well. He said he can't give away the Stealths he has left in stock (RS, 85S) as apparently everyone wants Mako's

Are those a completely different skate fit than the SE17's? I of course will go try them on but it's a hike from current location and don't want to waste gas and time going out if at all possible.

Thank you

Would you mind elaborating?

Easton is just very well known for having horribly poor build quality. I'm sure there are plenty of happy Easton skate owners but I think from all the stories I've heard I'd only wear Easton as an absolute last resort if nothing else fit.

Mako being the exception of course.

2Panther what is your skate size and width in Flexlite and if you remember your skate size and width in S17? What level are you playing or more accurately competitive or not? Sounds like you're above average skater....correct? Last question do you lace your skates all the way up tightly on both 4.0 and s17?

Can anyone comment on the fit differences between the Nexus 1000 and the Flexlite 4.0 Pros? Thanks in advance for any input.

The fits could not be more different. The 1000 is more tube-shaped (wide everywhere), where the 4.0 was the old figure-8 shape (wide heel, narrower arch, wider toe box)

The 1000 is a straight wall skate, and doesn't heat mold as well as the 4.0 did. The 1000 is also a TON stiffer.

The Nexus 800/6000 are much closer in fit to the 4.0 than the 1000 and 8000 are.

The fits could not be more different. The 1000 is more tube-shaped (wide everywhere), where the 4.0 was the old figure-8 shape (wide heel, narrower arch, wider toe box)

The 1000 is a straight wall skate, and doesn't heat mold as well as the 4.0 did. The 1000 is also a TON stiffer.

The Nexus 800/6000 are much closer in fit to the 4.0 than the 1000 and 8000 are.

I appreciate the info... Is the depth about the same? That was my main issue with the 4.0 Pros. It felt like I couldn't lean as far forward as I liked/was used to because of the depth.