Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrTrololo

Skate fit problem Heel lift in right skate

Hi everyone,

my problem:

HEEL LIFT in my right skate.

My story:

I have started with X50 Bauer (size 6EE) these are pretop of x60. Everything was absolutely perfect. Stable skates, no pain or anything. BUT after one season my problem start to kill me. Heel lift in my right skate has destroyed my whole game, I cannot concentrate on the game because of the control loss. As far as problem still exist I don't know what to do to fix the problem.

What I did:

Fist what I have decided is to buy a new skates. I have thought, may be x50s just done. So I have bought Bauer APX (6EE). Fit - very tight overall in the shop, after baking and brake in my problem did not go away.

After almost one season of ugly hockey, I have got Total NXG 6EE (actually I wanted Nexus 1000). Perfect fit in the shop. First what Ive realized was another skating because of this movable tendon guard on NXG. Heel lift again.

Graf G75 - custom (Switzerland)

Left - size 6 (smaller than 6 in bauer). normal width

Right - size 5.5, Narrow width, toebox from size 5 skates.

problem didn't go away.

Now I'm going to get stable 26 socks.

Please, does anyone has some thoughts about all this?

Pictures_003.jpg

Pictures_005.jpg

Haglunds on this pic

Pictures_009.jpg

Pictures_012.jpg

Navicular bone is much smaller on the right foot (what you see is just skin). on the left it a real bone and there is much less skin on it

Pictures_014.jpg

20140612_192950.jpg

Hi,

I have the same problem and I'm about to try the Graf custom route. Can you tell me how you went about getting your customs? Did you travel to Switzerland to be measured?

I had some success with eezee booties and have just ordered the stable 26 socks so will let you know how that goes...

I live in the U.K so I can visit the factory. Could you describe the process of getting them made? Was it one fitting? What custom options did you have and how much were they?

I live in the U.K so I can visit the factory. Could you describe the process of getting them made? Was it one fitting? What custom options did you have and how much were they?

I didnt get what means "one fitting"? I was there once basically. But i have changed my order few times. One month producing time. Money are maximum 200 euros extra to the price. Depends on work and Materials. So around 600 euros. Dont remember exact price. I made changes in size Kind of. Small Toe cap small width

Sorry Form phone

Still cannot get heel locked. I think it has something to do with my navicular bones, left bone is so big that it can create some additional volume and lock the heel, on my right foot the nav.bone is small and provide less volume up on the joint. Smaller size of the boot does not make it better. Graf is Definatelly better than before. One minus - havy weight. Compare to others.
And yes you can have anything you want. But you need to explain it to the serviceman.

Having worked with many players with this issue that have these skates as well. I was wondering if you ordered an extra fit pack with the socks? The reason I ask is many have found more comfort and relief by having a 6mm pad on the outside and only a 2mm or 0 on the inside. It helps for volume as well as keeping the pressure of the spurs already there.

Just message me when you get the socks and I will do what I can to help you with this. Also what size sock did you order?

Having worked with many players with this issue that have these skates as well. I was wondering if you ordered an extra fit pack with the socks? The reason I ask is many have found more comfort and relief by having a 6mm pad on the outside and only a 2mm or 0 on the inside. It helps for volume as well as keeping the pressure of the spurs already there.

Just message me when you get the socks and I will do what I can to help you with this. Also what size sock did you order?

Wow, thank you sir. I see that you are really quite experienced person. Actually I would like to ask you more about what size of socks should I order. with my size, 24cm I ve ordered size S. does it good?ddd.jpg

No actually Med would be better due to your arch!

alright. Thanks,

That's what I was not sure about - the size. On monday I'm going to order Socks in size Medium and the set of silicon (size M as well).

Is it really possible, that those small pieces of silicone can do such huge job lockin my heel in place? I have always thought that it should be something more stable.

Well Gary Roberts and Darcy Tucker will not skate with out them. along with about 100 current NHL players. So I would have to say yes. It does not matter who fitted your skates there is no skate that can fit the heel that tight for hockey. We even have VH skaters wearing them with 2mm. Gary is probably one of the pickiest guys and we had his local retailer suggest the socks to him and he ended up inviting Stable 26 to his camp for his players to be fit. Pretty good testimonial right there.

Well Gary Roberts and Darcy Tucker will not skate with out them. along with about 100 current NHL players. So I would have to say yes. It does not matter who fitted your skates there is no skate that can fit the heel that tight for hockey. We even have VH skaters wearing them with 2mm. Gary is probably one of the pickiest guys and we had his local retailer suggest the socks to him and he ended up inviting Stable 26 to his camp for his players to be fit. Pretty good testimonial right there.

Thanks a lot for your input.

One more question: does it possible to wear Left sock on the right foot? Will it fit? (stupid question thou)

As far as I understand, all silicone pads are the same shape, so my logic is that may be the sock could fit (more or less). Because I dont need any pad on my left foot. It would be great to have two socks for my troulbe foot.

What you do is take the thick pad on the outside of the foot you do not need padding. Then put that on the inside of the main issue foot. I would then put the 2 on the out side of the left foot. I would bet it feels better no matter what!

What you do is take the thick pad on the outside of the foot you do not need padding. Then put that on the inside of the main issue foot. I would then put the 2 on the out side of the left foot. I would bet it feels better no matter what!

ok. I'm waiting for my order. lets see. Today I've checked that my heels are really different, hope those socks will work. stable 26 now much more better than they were before, now its possible to customize the thickness. If I will get back on my edges, that would be great!

No actually Med would be better due to your arch!

Do they stretch? I mean, if you say that Med is fine for me, could it be that after few times on ice socks may get bigger? I'm just a bit afraid of pad slippage if the size is big for me.

Yeah... from your pic, you have the correct size. Good luck. I love my Stable 26. I am similar like you in that I only use it for one foot (left foot - 2mm on both sides) and then I use a super thin sock on my right. Go figure...I always thought my feet were pretty similar until I played hockey.

That is the correct fit.

If you get small the heel pads will be behind to far. The gap at the heel would not allow them to come around to sit in the right spot. This is correct

Hi,

thanks. you're right. Smaller sizes make it worse. But in Med size is still not enough to bring both pad in the right place. I've made photos from the left and right sides, and when I place the right pad on the place, the left one is stretched. and that's bad.

If I get size Large, it would be enough space to put them in the right position, but how the sock will look lenghwise?

Not sure if this has been mentioned... your foot is 24cm (and bit) long, yet... you were using size 6 bauers? im sure a bauer size 6 is like 25.5cm footbed..

Not sure if this has been mentioned... your foot is 24cm (and bit) long, yet... you were using size 6 bauers? im sure a bauer size 6 is like 25.5cm footbed..

it's correct. but my left foot fits pretty awesome in that size. Only right foot is so complicated.

Hello MrTrololo.

I wasnt having a dig or anything, Im currently in a situation where my old skates are just too big. So i have been trying on a load of skates (roller) trying to find the best fit. Basically i have small feet like you too. My right foot is a perfect bauer size 6, but my left is half a size smaller, and thats where i have issues. I can squeeze into high end bauer JR skates, but i never feel the boot is tall enough, and the missing eyelet always makes me feel uneasy.

Anyway i digress, It just seemed to me that your foot is much smaller then mine and especially for a size 6. Out of curiosity is your left foot bigger (we may have the same problem on opposite feet! :) )

Have you given Eason Makos a try with their incredible molding ability?

Hello MrTrololo.

I wasnt having a dig or anything, Im currently in a situation where my old skates are just too big. So i have been trying on a load of skates (roller) trying to find the best fit. Basically i have small feet like you too. My right foot is a perfect bauer size 6, but my left is half a size smaller, and thats where i have issues. I can squeeze into high end bauer JR skates, but i never feel the boot is tall enough, and the missing eyelet always makes me feel uneasy.

Anyway i digress, It just seemed to me that your foot is much smaller then mine and especially for a size 6. Out of curiosity is your left foot bigger (we may have the same problem on opposite feet! :) )

Have you given Eason Makos a try with their incredible molding ability?

Hi,

I can only say that left and right foot are the same lengthwise, BUT my heels are different, and bigger heel pushing my left to the exact place in left, and right is very poorly supported. also navicular bone on the left foot adding even more volume.

Makos look very soft for me, and I have seen enough broken mako skates around. Didnt try them yet, just decided to go custom