Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lpgbackups

Easton EQ50Pro stick

hi, i received a bunch of these sticks today, and the guy who sold them to me told me they were SE16's......but when i checked on the stickers near the butt end, they all read "EQ50Pro"

i think i saw somewhere in the Easton prostock codes that EQ50Pro meant Mako...im pretty sure it was on the modsquad forums but i cant find the topic.

anyone knows for sure what EQ50Pro means ?

After a quick google, I found someone saying pro's weren't partial to the weights used in the EQ50 so they instead went with an SE16 dressed like an EQ50. I don't have any inside knowledge on this though so there may or may not be truth to that. I did have an EQ50 and I loved it, but I found the weights to be inconsequential.

To my knowledge the EQ50 Pro model (not retail, only available to college and pro teams) was the EQ50 shaft and a more SE16 like blade. No weights in the blade or end cap.

I had a few EQ50Pro models over the years and they were all decent sticks.

yeah....the blades on mines are definitely an SE16 blade....and for sure there's no weights anywhere..........but i was wondering about the shaft itself. i had hoped an EQ50Pro was pretty much the same as a Mako first generation since its my favorite stick.

in the Easton prostock codes, theres a few lines about how RSS means S19, RSPRO means RS and RSPRO II means an RS2...

i wonder what EQ50Pro translates to.....

i really wish its the same as a Mako first gen goddammit! .......by far my favorite stick..

is theres a way i could contact an Easton rep to find out for sure? i just bought 5 of these mofo's, im dying to know

For the record though, I think you would highly surprised to find out that the SE16/EQ50/Mako/Mako2 etc. have few difference's between them. Most of the time, it is just the "gimmick" and paint that changes on that line of sticks, not the shaft or the blade. At least from what I hear anyway. I have been wrong before though.

Zach

lol...thats funny Tyler....because actually the first generation Mako im referring to are the prostock version and they have been sold to me directly by you when you were working at Pure Hockey.........i remember like its yesterday, i bought 5 of them last year and to this day its still my all time favorite stick....... i notice a huge difference between the feel of the SE16 and my Makos...but yeah.......my SE16's are 100 flex and my makos are 85 flex...but still....i think part of the feeling cant be explained just by flex...........the SE16 is my second favorite stick but the Mako just feel so "right" to me....

i know that the EQ50 retail was a piece of trash but thats mostly due to the weights gimmick.

the EQ50Pro has the exact same blade as the SE16 and the Pro Makos i bought from you, and yeah..its such a nice blade........My EQ50s have that SE16 blade so i think thats why the guy who sold them to me said they were SE16 twigs as a whole.

but im really wondering about my shaft.....i wish the EQ50Pro is the same or at least very similar to the Mako like this site claims ; (i didnt buy from there though)

i havent used my EQ's yet....i guess im gonna find out on the ice.

yeah, they're black.......such a great blade.....beautiful, ... pretty much the same blade found on my EQ's or the original SE16.....and yeah, its a Sakic E3

but again......its the combination of that blade to the shaft that worries me a little....i dont know what that EQ shaft is made of even though it has what i think is the best blade.