Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shoot_the_goalie

toe cap separation

Recently had my CCM Tacks (2014) stretched a touch for width, and punched at pinky toes by LHS. Skate feels and fits great. However, after a couple of games, I've noticed that the toe caps are starting to separate a little from the boot on both skates (not much - maybe a touch more than 1/32 of an inch), but before that there was no gap at all.

As far as I can tell, there's no movement of parts (even with a lot of force), the outsole is still firmly adhered to the toe cap and boot, and all the toe cap stitching is fully intact.

Is this a problem or is this normal after stretching/punching? Should I use some sort of adhesive to prevent further separation? If so, what is the best type of adhesive to use?

(note - shiny stuff is crazy glue residue not related to toe cap issue; preventative measure to prevent stitching from fraying)

VB60DEg.jpg

You're fine.

I was originally concerned about all that residue/glue as I thought it may have been melted from heating. But, that amount of movement/separation is fine.

Stitching is intact. Outsole is intact. I wouldn't be concerned.