Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Gent

Lightspeed 2 Holder on CCM RBZ skates

I recently picked up a pair of size 11.5 pro stock RBZs with a cracked holder. The skates are in great condition otherwise, have nice custom tongue in them, and the price was frankly amazing at $70 for the pair. My dilemma is whether I replace the cracked Speed Blade 4.0 holder with another one, or go to the Tuuk Lightspeed 2 holders like I have on a pair of TotalOnes now. If I do make the change, what size Lightspeed holder fits in place of the size 304 Speed Blade holder? I seriously have spent the past 30 minutes searching Google, this forum, and 2-3 others and have not found a comparison chart. Granted, it's only 8:33AM and I'm lacking caffeine, so it's entirely possible I missed it.

Also, just for additional information, I am not 100% sure the 2nd Speed Blade holder is in ideal condition, which is another reason I am considering the Lightspeed changeout. If someone can point me in the right direction (link, forum post, etc), I would greatly appreciate it. In the end, even if I went the Lightspeed Edge route, I'd have under $200 in the skates and even if I don't like them after baking and trying them out, I'm confident I can get that much back locally or on eBay since the boots are in great condition and the holders would be too after the upgrade. Thanks!

go to the Tuuk Lightspeed 2 holders like I have on a pair of TotalOnes now. If I do make the change, what size Lightspeed holder fits in place of the size 304 Speed Blade holder? I seriously have spent the past 30 minutes searching Google, this forum, and 2-3 others and have not found a comparison chart.

For Bauer skates, 11.5EE, 12.0D, and 12.0EE all use the 306 holders. 11.5D use 296 holders/runners.

My Total Ones have a 296 holder on them in 11.5D, so I knew that part. My concern is that I have read here and elsewhere that the RBZs are sized about 1/2 bigger, and thus my main question is does a pair of 11.5D RBZs get a 296 Tuuk Lightspeed 2 or a 304?

Check the sizing on the holders already on your RBZs. That should give you a good indication of what size you will be putting on.

The RBZs are have 304s on the 11.5D. I have heard that there is no drilling required if the right size Tuuk Lightspeed 2 holder is used, so I'm going to assume that I need a 306?

Send me your email address. I can scan the top of a loose 306 LS2 holder and email you the .pdf.

You can cut out the center and lay it over your existing holder and compare the holes.

**Bauer's "big foot" LS2 holder is 306, not 304.

My Total Ones have a 296 holder on them in 11.5D, so I knew that part. My concern is that I have read here and elsewhere that the RBZs are sized about 1/2 bigger, and thus my main question is does a pair of 11.5D RBZs get a 296 Tuuk Lightspeed 2 or a 304?

On a pro stock boot it's not uncommon to go with an oversized holder.

On a pro stock boot it's not uncommon to go with an oversized holder.

Ok, I'll try the template MThockeydad sent me and go from there. Worst case scenario I have to send something back and then keep wearing the TotalOnes for a while until I get these together and on the ice.