Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boo10

Vapor X80 Heel Pain

Let me start off by saying that I don't have particularly wide or narrow heels, and I have no visible Haglunds/bone spurs. I purchased a new pair of Vapor X80 skates which felt great in the store. Had them baked and wore them for a couple hours around the house. I wore them in a beer league game tonight and my heels are killing me. Essentially, when I flex forward, my heels are driven into the back of the skate which is very stiff. Pretty painful and I feel like this would eventually lead to Haglunds or at minimum, bursitis.

Can anything be done besides Bunga pads or a heel punch? Should I sell them and try something else? I've only worn them for one pleasure skate and one beer league game, so they're in like new condition. If I'm going to have to sell them, I want to do it before putting any more wear on them. I'm not familiar with the used skate market, so if I have to sell them what can I expect to get for them, 75% of retail, 50% of retail?

Any advice welcome.

I had a pair of X60s (the top end model from few years back) and had same issue. I had to wear eeze fit booties to eliminate the irritation and prevent haglunds from developing. I eventually sold them and what has worked for me since is a skate allows for bit of pronounced heel. I wear Makos and VH Footwear skates. Also Graf G3, 703 and think couple other Graf models allow for it. Don't know resell value but you'll take a beating.

I developed Haglund's bumps on both heels from my Vapor XXXX skates. They were slightly too small so that is what I assume is the reason for it. If I could go back and tell myself that while they were on clearance for a great price, DO NOT BUY THEM - I would. The bumps have solidified and still hurt even while wearing a proper fitting skate. I do have the bunga wraps coming, which people have stated did relieve the pressure and pain for them.

In short, my suggestion would be to get a different pair. Don't risk developing the Haglunds' bumps.

Yeah, I'm thinking that I'm going to have to suck it up and sell them. Anybody looking for a good deal on a pair of skates? :p