Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

syinx

Glove Repalming in Vancouver

I've got a pair of Bauer Pro 4-Rolls I'd like to get repalmed with some digital palms. Anyone know of a place in Vancouver I could get this done, or perhaps somewhere I could mail my gloves into?

The only place that does repalming in-house in Vancouver is Scoffs. I've personally replamed 3 pairs of 4-Rolls at 2 different places (I love me my 4-Rolls).

Digital palms/Clarino Palms- Nash Sports in Mississauga Ont. Cost was ~100 all-in for the job for digital, I think 80ish for clarino. Ralph did an absolute gem of a job. Digital was double palmed in the high-wear areas, and stitching was impeccable. I changed out the gussets for black mesh, and he did an excellent job making sure that you couldn't find any stray stitches. Really professional work, but very expensive for what it is (mostly shipping tbh). Turn-around time was 2 weeks.

Clarino palms- Scoffs. As I was looking for a lower cost option, I decided to check out Scoffs. After calling around the region, Scoffs was the only one that didn't outsource the work (likely to Ralph at Nash). The cost was about half for a nash palm. Overall, it's a good deal if you really like your gloves and just want new palms. That said, the worksmanship left a lot to be desired- odd stitching patterns, loose material hanging here and there, and they didn't change out my gussets like I requested (they didn't charge me for it, to be fair). After a season of use, it held up the same as the gloves done by Nash, but it was just uglier to look at. Turn-around time was just under a week.

FYI: Nash supplies pretty much every big hockey store in the GVRD. If you do go Scoffs, you can probably get them to order in the digital palms and get it done in house.

FYI#2: I was going to go with Mark over at Peaches, but he actually referred me to Ralph at Nash as the shipping costs and turn-around time was going to be a lot more. If you plan a trip to Portland, it'd be worth bringing your gloves with you and drop them off for him to work on. I actually planned that during one trip, but it happened to be the one week in the year he chose to go on vacation.

^^ I contacted Jason (owner of Scoff's) last summer and he said he would not install digital (because of durability reasons) or replace the binding on the gloves. Aside from Scoff's, most shops in Vancouver are going to outsource it to a shoe cobbler.

If you want to mail it to somewhere closer, I've heard good things about Done Right Sports in Calgary. http://donerightsports.com/

^^ I contacted Jason (owner of Scoff's) last summer and he said he would not install digital (because of durability reasons) or replace the binding on the gloves. Aside from Scoff's, most shops in Vancouver are going to outsource it to a shoe cobbler.

If you want to mail it to somewhere closer, I've heard good things about Done Right Sports in Calgary. http://donerightsports.com/

I got my vapor xxx repalmed at done rights and they don't carry digital/msh2/mustang, only clarino palms

Thanks mickz for the update. I ditched digital after my first try because I preferred the feel of clarino, so I haven't kept up.

It looks like Nash Sports would be your best bet OP, unless you find yourself going to Oregon anytime soon.

Yep - Mailed them out to Nash. They were willing to do double-digitals and will be putting on mesh gussets for me too. Got them mailed out to them free because a friend was tossing a bunch of bulk mail out to Ontario out anyway.

It'll cost me 50 for the repalm and 10 to ship back. Not bad at all.