Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gretsch

Equipment Bag, Recommendations?

My CCM bag is finally on its last legs; it held up well over the last 10 years. I must say it seems there are more hockey bags available than ever before. Has anyone any recommendations? I see brands like Warrior, Grit, and a host of others, who were not even around when I got the last bag.

another vote for the Warrior Pro Bag above. made of a very strong canvas type material and i really like the simple design. available in quite a few colors. holding up really well so far after over 6 months of use.

When I got back into hockey this year I went with the Tackla vented bag in a 36in. Good durable canvas. Vented and separate pockets for skates and one on each end. I'm happy with it.

+1 for the Warrior Pro. It costs a little more than I wanted to spend. But honestly it is worth every penny.

Best bag I have ever bought. Great build quality, tons of ventilation and room.

I love my warrior pro bag, great construction, great ventilation, three mesh pockets inside plus two skate sleeves so all my tape and accessories are secured and easy to be found. The new hockey pod also intrigues me, seems like it would be easy to put a fan on it to dry gear. The mammoth bag looked fairly solid to me but I didn't get on the kick starter because at the time I had two bags and that didn't have skate pockets.

Didn't like the warrior pro, had no pockets so i sold it. I got in on the mammoth bag kickstarter so excited to see what that bag is like.

These bags do have pockets. Two on each end for skates and one along the side for tape and such.

These bags do have pockets. Two on each end for skates and one along the side for tape and such.

Yeah on the inside. They weren't very useful. Bag was no use to me because it had no external pockets, so I sold it.

If you are looking for external pockets then the Warrior is not for you; I have found that the two internal skate pockets and cargo pocket are more than sufficient. As others have mentioned the venting is superior to many other bags of the same type. As for the shoulder straps going from the car to the arena, unless you are trekking a couple of miles, should not be an issue. I have had mine for 5 years and still going strong.

Not having external pockets is actually a plus to me. Especially if you're talking about skate pockets. I've seen so many bags rip because the skate pocket snagged coming out of the trunk or going through the door of the rink.

I agree, internal is the way to go. My shin tape and hockey socks goes in the pouch right next to where I pack my shins. Everything is contained internally so I don't have to mess with putting stuff in a random side pouch, it really works great organizationally. External pockets just fit awkwardly and aren't worth the mess for me, keep everything internally. You may prefer another way.

I really like my Warrior Covert bag & it has pockets on either end. I fit all my gear, including my skates into the main compartment. One end pocket houses my jerseys & socks (as well as a small bag with spare parts, tape, etc). The other pocket has my shower stuff, extra insoles, skate guards, etc. I store my wet stuff in a mesh bag that I just throw on top of the bag & carry that way. So far it has treated me really well.

This is the bag I have.

WCVCB-BBS-1.jpg

Whatever bag MSH used for the first batch of branded bags. I think it is an SMI bag. Tons of room. Pockets inside for skates (or whatever).

I really like my Warrior Covert bag & it has pockets on either end. I fit all my gear, including my skates into the main compartment. One end pocket houses my jerseys & socks (as well as a small bag with spare parts, tape, etc). The other pocket has my shower stuff, extra insoles, skate guards, etc. I store my wet stuff in a mesh bag that I just throw on top of the bag & carry that way. So far it has treated me really well.

This is the bag I have.

WCVCB-BBS-1.jpg

Does the covert bag have internal skate pockets? It looks very similar to the Warrior Eraser bag I have, but the Eraser has one end compartment and does have internal skate pockets.

I don't really need a new bag right now, but if and when I do I think I'd either grab a Covert, Warrior Pro or the Alkali Backpack (more likely to use for roller where I don't need shoulders).

Currently I have the aforementioned Eraser, which I like, a huge Reebok Pro bag (nice and durable, but a little large for my needs) and a Shock Doctor blower bag that I simply use for drying things at home or for tournaments. The Shock Doctor is heavy with the stiff bottom and pain to lug around so it rarely leaves my condo.

Does the covert bag have internal skate pockets? It looks very similar to the Warrior Eraser bag I have, but the Eraser has one end compartment and does have internal skate pockets.

No, I believe it is designed so that the end pockets could fit a pair of skates (both in the same pocket), but I wanted to use the end pockets for clothing & accessories (I'm fairly certain one online retailer has that the end pockets will fit a pair of skates up to a certain size, but I can't remember where I read that). There are some mesh compartments in each end pocket that are good for holding smaller items in place.

All the kids love the Grit bags. But I haven't found one parent, who has to struggle getting them in and out of their vehicles, who does. They are heavy (15 pounds empty) and seriously lacking storage space.

I travel by air to a few tourneys each year so I prefer my Warrior Pro bag with internal pockets. I need only one lock for the checked bag. when my gf travels with me (she has an old Itech with 2 end pockets AND external skate pockets) she has to have FOUR locks for her bag.