Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tazer19

Prostockhockey.com

Yes they're legit... and a great company overall. Picked up some 'Yotes CCM CLs. Ordered, shipped the same day, got in about 4-5 days with some extras (t-shirt, puck, and sticker):

1UQVqwe.jpg

Some prices are good, some prices are high. Just depends on what you're buying.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. Those are super nice CL's by the way and the freebies are always a plus. I saw some really nice Eagle Sean Avery Rangers pants on that site.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. Those are super nice CL's by the way and the freebies are always a plus. I saw some really nice Eagle Sean Avery Rangers pants on that site.

I'm actually contemplating on selling them. They're a bit too small for me... I'll need to lose a couple pounds before they'll fit correctly.

Has anyone else order an item from them? Most of their sticks seem new, but some are clearly used. And they don't state whether they are used or new.

http://www.prostockhockey.com/sticks/player/left-anton-burdasov-covert-dt1lt-80-flex-stick-2/

I've noticed this as well so I decided to call them. They said all of the sticks are new but some of the blades have a few blemishes from improper storage by the NHL teams and also from the sticks being moved around in storage. Hope this helps. This company seems to have really good customer service which is a plus.

It appears that there is a lot of new gloves and pants for sale on http://www.prostockhockey.com/ Seems to be a pretty good variety this time around. Worth checking out for those who are interested. I just picked up a pair of Chicago Blackhawks Warrior Coverts. Pretty sick. It does look to be mostly warrior gear. But still pretty good selection.

Notorious bait & switch advertising, most of the unique gloves are gone by the time you get their email notifying you of new stuff.

Nope. Just have to be quick! They usually post up stuff and send e-mails out around 6am PST/9am EST. If you're lucky, you can snag a few items. Otherwise, it'll be gone in 10-20mins.

For example, I woke up at 6:30am and noticed some new arrivals hit the website. I got lucky and was able to snag this Sharks Stadium Series shell (super hard to find, since most of the Stadium Series stuff was sold at the Sharks equip. sale as an entire head-to-toe set for about $1500).

I've purchased some pants there and I like them quite a bit. They reps there were helpful about information regarding upper/lower pant shells and attached them to make sure they'd fit.

I will say, it's worth searching online for discount codes. I found one and it made the purchase much more affordable. They were actually cheaper than retail pants of comporable quality.

Random question.. Where does PSH get all the pro stock sticks from? Like... How the hell do they get their hands on so many pros leftover sticks???? Just browsing through their inventory I couldn't help but think "where do they get all this from????"

Anyone got an answer??? Lol

7 hours ago, Rphockey53 said:

Random question.. Where does PSH get all the pro stock sticks from? Like... How the hell do they get their hands on so many pros leftover sticks???? Just browsing through their inventory I couldn't help but think "where do they get all this from????"

Pro Teams

9 hours ago, Rphockey53 said:

SMU too. When you see the same stick with the same name ranging from 70 flex to 110 flex it was probably specifically made for the site.

I have bought two sticks from them. Both orders arrived quickly and the order was correct. Keep in mind that for sticks that they sell, they flex test them in house for their ratings. So the flex on what arrives may not match what is listed on the stick. 

I don't think anything is made specifically for their site. Most of the stuff is very limited quantity, 5 or 10 of a certain model/pattern of stick. Certainly not enough quantity that they'd be doing a house run of sticks.

What is more likely and could explain the different flexes, is a guy wants to try a different model or flex of a stick, or changing brands - asks for a variety of different sticks, keeps some, returns the rest. Bauer (for example) sends 4 different model sticks with different flexes so the pro can figure out what he likes the best... the rest end up on pro stock return websites like this one.

10 minutes ago, DRR said:

I don't think anything is made specifically for their site. Most of the stuff is very limited quantity, 5 or 10 of a certain model/pattern of stick. Certainly not enough quantity that they'd be doing a house run of sticks.

What is more likely and could explain the different flexes, is a guy wants to try a different model or flex of a stick, or changing brands - asks for a variety of different sticks, keeps some, returns the rest. Bauer (for example) sends 4 different model sticks with different flexes so the pro can figure out what he likes the best... the rest end up on pro stock return websites like this one.

And you would be wrong. Lots of SMU product on there.  Sticks , gloves etc.

Maybe these are samples made to go with their black jerseys.  I would think most major glove companies would submit samples they think would work with the special jerseys and the team decides from there.

While manufacturers will send samples they have no bearing on colour pattern layout on gloves. That's all done internally 

Maybe PSH should modify the language on their website then:

AUTHENTIC PRO STOCK ICE HOCKEY EQUIPMENT 

"When you shop with Pro Stock Hockey, you’ll be buying 100% authentic NHL pro stock hockey gear purchased directly from an NHL locker room. Our staff makes sure every item that comes into our warehouse is 100% real NHL gear, made for NHL players."

SMU product would not be "made for NHL players" nor "purchased directly from an NHL locker room". While I think reasonable people can make allowances for some items they sell (tape for example, or PSH-branded merchandise) the implication of associating a team name with an item, certainly implies that it came from an NHL/AHL team and is truly pro-stock in origin.

1 hour ago, shoeshine boy said:

I knew there was a better example. From what I can recall AX1 gloves didn't exist when the Thrashers did. Also Warrior was supplying pros with Canadian Made gloves in 2011 when those are made in China. Also Thrashers never used that colour way for the text, it was yellow on baby blue.

You can continue to not believe us as much as you want and believe the website. The fact that they have Coyotes Retro pro return goalie pants is hilarious as well, since no goalie on the Coyotes wears Warrior and why would they make them special pants to try and get them to switch for a 1 game a year jersey... oh because PSH ordered them custom because it is a very popular logo for them.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm pointing out a clear discrepancy on the website that shows that I'm not just being argumentative, they are telling their customers one thing and you are giving evidence of another. So I (and you, now) should not be at all surprised that there is a lot of confusion about what it is they are actually selling.