Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The 2014 Suspension Thread

Post 'em, discuss 'em. Mr Quintal has an early decision to make.

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=66&id=634263〈=en

What say you MShers? Suspend or not? Fine or not?...if yes (to either), how many games or much ca$h?

I think he'll get a game or 2. No more than that. Personally, I think it's a good hit.

Looked like the puck carrier's head stayed in pretty much the same position, and the checker hit him in the head, even swinging the arm up for follow-through. How can he avoid a suspension?

I agree; it's a clean hit. It's one of those plays that I don't think should be eliminated from the game; had his head have been up, it would not have been a hit to the head. I really don't think Tindori did anything wrong, he cut off the wingers position and finished his hit. Really hope there's no suspension for this one.

Given it was a blatant hit to the head I would expect 2-4 games, irrespective if Upshall stayed in the game or not. I find it odd that Pronger remains on the Flyers long term injured reserve list as he applies/is considered, ironically, for the job of chief sheriff.

Can't retire and walk away from all that money. That said, too messed up to play but fine to make judgements?

Its the eye injury more than the concussions, isn't it?

I also don't think he's going to be "the guy" from what I've read, just one of a team.

The NHL has announce it's hiring Pronger.

According to ESPN, the Flyers would take a salary cap hit if Pronger retired.

Correct, they are able to put him on LTIR as long as he is under contract and unable to play. However, someone should be raising a red flag about the league employing him in addition to the team, that just doesn't seem very ethical to me. As for having a guy like him on the team, that's a whole other bad decision on the part of Colin Campbell and indicative of the type of mindset that he still has regarding the changes that have been forced upon him.

They obviously worked out some deal. You aren't supposed to be employed by the League while still receiving pay from a team. They (one of the SN panels) said he will not rule on any Philly issues or issues that impact that division. My guess is most of his input will be on West v. West crimes.

So hire someone who can only rule in cases involving 75% of the league :huh:

Yeah, that makes perfect sense :wacko:

When you figure in all the crossover games, it has to be even fewer games than that. But let's be honest, if they are violating an ethical boundary like having someone on league and team payroll at the same time, what makes you think he won't actually have any input on those games as well?

And on top of all that I just don't believe he's the right person for that job.

We agree on that as well. Hockey operations needs a massive overhaul.

It's perhaps a good illustration of why we need someone else making these hiring decisions.

I've been saying that Campbell should be replaced for almost his entire tenure.