Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1kp

Skate Suggestions

I've had rough luck with skates the past year. I've gone from RBZs that fit too big, exchanged them for Reeboks in a size 6 EE in which my heels were lifting, exchanged those for Easton RS Skates in a 6D in which my right heel was lifting, to CCM U+12 skates in a size 6D that is a tad too long for my feet.

Currently, I wear my old CCM V05 skates in a size 6D which fits perfect, but they are old and worn out. Which current skates would you suggest that have more of a V fit? My foot is wide in my forefoot but I have a pretty normal heel.

What's your budget? How deep is your foot? I have a v shape foot and the Graf 8035/9035 fits me really well but I have a medium deep foot. If your foot is medium to shallow the vapors, Graf g65/75, Graf 705 and 735 are all good options depending on which fits you best. As always try every skate you can and check for length and depth.

What's your budget? How deep is your foot? I have a v shape foot and the Graf 8035/9035 fits me really well but I have a medium deep foot. If your foot is medium to shallow the vapors, Graf g65/75, Graf 705 and 735 are all good options depending on which fits you best. As always try every skate you can and check for length and depth.

Pretty solid advice. Also, how did your other foot fit in the RS? You only mentioned your right foot. Perhaps some Stable26 socks and/or Superfeet insoles to correct that.

I almost forgot to mention, before the CCM U+12 skates I had G75s in a size 5.5 Wide and the skate wasn't deep enough for me and I experienced a lot of pain when first skating in them. I'll try the Graf 8035/9035 but the price is a bit steep for me depending on if I fit in a 5.5 or 6 size skate. Like I already stated, the 5.5 wide fit me in terms of length with the G75 skate, but the boot wasn't deep/wide enough for my foot. With that being said should I try a size 6 in a regular width or wide width with the Graf 8035/9035?

Pretty solid advice. Also, how did your other foot fit in the RS? You only mentioned your right foot. Perhaps some Stable26 socks and/or Superfeet insoles to correct that.

The other foot in the RS was a pretty solid fit.

Was it the g75 with the blue strips or the g75lite with the yellow strips? The g75lite is a pretty shallow skate. I found the 8035/9035 to be pretty wide for a regular. For my foot, it felt as wide as the Easton rs...maybe a hair narrower in the r width. I'd stick with 5.5 size. I'm normally a 7 r in the 709, fit into a g65 size 6.5 but was too shallow and I fit into a 6.5 r 9035 perfectly. There's a quite a bit of padding in the new MCI series so if you try them, it might feel slightly short until you get your foot to sink in a bit. I'd try the 8035 first if you need volume. The tongues on those are the normal Graf felt tongues. The tongue on the new 9035 is diffeeent and quite thick and will take a lot of volume until you bake it and skate in it.

I've had rough luck with skates the past year. I've gone from RBZs that fit too big, exchanged them for Reeboks in a size 6 EE in which my heels were lifting, exchanged those for Easton RS Skates in a 6D in which my right heel was lifting, to CCM U+12 skates in a size 6D that is a tad too long for my feet.

Currently, I wear my old CCM V05 skates in a size 6D which fits perfect, but they are old and worn out. Which current skates would you suggest that have more of a V fit? My foot is wide in my forefoot but I have a pretty normal heel.

Have you tried the new CCM Tacks? Mid heel, mid-wide forefoot (narrower than RBZ though), and surprisingly deep boot. If you need more width, they make EE sizes too. Also, they are extremely heat moldable, so after baking, they change dramatically for the better. I would also recommend the new Bauer Supremes, but they might be too narrow and not enough volume in forefoot from what you describe, but the heel would probably suit you from your description.

I almost forgot to mention, before the CCM U+12 skates I had G75s in a size 5.5 Wide and the skate wasn't deep enough for me and I experienced a lot of pain when first skating in them. I'll try the Graf 8035/9035 but the price is a bit steep for me depending on if I fit in a 5.5 or 6 size skate. Like I already stated, the 5.5 wide fit me in terms of length with the G75 skate, but the boot wasn't deep/wide enough for my foot. With that being said should I try a size 6 in a regular width or wide width with the Graf 8035/9035?

The other foot in the RS was a pretty solid fit.

If the RS was a solid fit on your other foot, perhaps try some Stable26 socks with those to take up some volume with your smaller foot. Should help with heel lock.

Without going the custom route, you are not going to find a pair of retail skates that is going to fit 2 different foot shapes out of the box.

Only other thought would be to try some Makos, which are extremely moldable.

It sounds like you're a CCM guy but have you tried the Supremes? I was a CCM guy also and got new skates this year, owned RBZ and Reebok , tried the Tacks nothing would lock my heel like the Bauer Supremes and I have that similar very shape.

Have you tried the Bauer Vapors? I was in the CCM U+07 for the longest, but they always seemed to fit funny. I just reciently moved to the Bauer Vapors (X90) and had them baked and they feel like a slipper. I have been happy with these skates so far. But budget is always a key thing here.

It sounds like you're a CCM guy but have you tried the Supremes? I was a CCM guy also and got new skates this year, owned RBZ and Reebok , tried the Tacks nothing would lock my heel like the Bauer Supremes and I have that similar very shape.

I've tried on most of the Supremes and they don't fit right on my feet.

Have you tried the Bauer Vapors? I was in the CCM U+07 for the longest, but they always seemed to fit funny. I just reciently moved to the Bauer Vapors (X90) and had them baked and they feel like a slipper. I have been happy with these skates so far. But budget is always a key thing here.

I've tried most of the Bauer Vapors as well and they don't feel right on my feet.

What about the Supremes and vapors didn't fit well? I spent several days trying on every skate at hockey monkey and figured out that I really only fit into 3 skates comfortably without heel lift and in boot depth. The Makos, Graf 709, and the Graf 8035/9035 series. I almost considered getting custom vh skates because I was having trouble finding a deep enough skate since I like my skates so short. another option-While they are hard to find and the durability is questionable but Easton s17/s12 might be something that fits you. They are slightly deeper than a Graf 705/735 and on par with a supreme series but it's got a narrower heel and wide forefoot but the toe cap height is shallow so it doesn't feel as cavernous as the Supremes in the toe height. You'll see them on ebay here and there and I'd guess you're about a 6 in them since a size 6 in rs was slightly large and the g75 lite in a 5.5 fit you well.

What about the Supremes and vapors didn't fit well? I spent several days trying on every skate at hockey monkey and figured out that I really only fit into 3 skates comfortably without heel lift and in boot depth. The Makos, Graf 709, and the Graf 8035/9035 series. I almost considered getting custom vh skates because I was having trouble finding a deep enough skate since I like my skates so short. another option-While they are hard to find and the durability is questionable but Easton s17/s12 might be something that fits you. They are slightly deeper than a Graf 705/735 and on par with a supreme series but it's got a narrower heel and wide forefoot but the toe cap height is shallow so it doesn't feel as cavernous as the Supremes in the toe height. You'll see them on ebay here and there and I'd guess you're about a 6 in them since a size 6 in rs was slightly large and the g75 lite in a 5.5 fit you well.

The vapors were too narrow for my foot and the supremes just felt weird on my foot.

I just purchased CCM Tacks 6052 in a 5.5 EE which felt pretty good on my feet right out of the box without baking. The only thing is that there's a little pressure on the right side of my foot (thinking my right foot maybe a little wider than my left). Baking the skates should help reduce the little pressure on my right foot. I'm finally hitting the ice on Monday for the start of the season, so I'll update you on how it goes.

The vapors were too narrow for my foot and the supremes just felt weird on my foot.

I just purchased CCM Tacks 6052 in a 5.5 EE which felt pretty good on my feet right out of the box without baking. The only thing is that there's a little pressure on the right side of my foot (thinking my right foot maybe a little wider than my left). Baking the skates should help reduce the little pressure on my right foot. I'm finally hitting the ice on Monday for the start of the season, so I'll update you on how it goes.

If you haven't baked the skates at all, I would highly recommend it. The higher end Tacks are a very moldable skate, and not only would it possibly help your current issue, but it will make the overall feel of the skate much better. Worst case scenario, you could always have the skate punched/stretched for additional width. I was able to add about a 1/4" overall on mine (to relieve a slightly tight fit on my pinky toes). They're a perfect fit now. You will experience some cosmetic issues though if you do stretch/punch, but as far as I can tell, it does not affect the integrity or performance of the skate.

If you haven't baked the skates at all, I would highly recommend it. The higher end Tacks are a very moldable skate, and not only would it possibly help your current issue, but it will make the overall feel of the skate much better. Worst case scenario, you could always have the skate punched/stretched for additional width. I was able to add about a 1/4" overall on mine (to relieve a slightly tight fit on my pinky toes). They're a perfect fit now. You will experience some cosmetic issues though if you do stretch/punch, but as far as I can tell, it does not affect the integrity or performance of the skate.

Definitely agree. I baked them yesterday, just didn't have time to the day I purchased them. I'm hopping on the ice tonight for the first time since the Spring season. I'll update you guys on how the skate goes.

I can echo JoshV's post. I had a pair of Mission roller blades which I had some heel lift/lock issues. Stable26 socks got rid of it almost entirely, with out adding much volume to my foot overall.

Also, Potentially the new Ribcor might work with punches in the areas you find tight. Vapor's might be too narrow in the forefoot... But as always, try on the skates!

UPDATE:

Skated on them last night and long story short, the width of the heel is too wide for me. I'm going to return the skates and continue to search for that perfect fitting skate.

So I returned the 6052's in a size 5.5 EE and got the 5.5 D. I skated in them at my game tonight and I'm still not getting any heel lock and the boot is not deep enough nor does it have enough volume for my wide foot (pressure/pain on the top of my feet). As stated before I'm in between a 5.5 and 6 (5.75) and can not find a skate that's good in length with enough volume for my foot. Does anyone have other suggestions for skates with a narrow heel and wide forefoot and is relatively deep but not too deep?