Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2014-2015

A few weeks ago I was excited about the potential of the Bruins battling into 3rd place in their division. Now I'm worried about whether they even make the playoffs.

Another reason tonight I feel Julien needs to go. Kelly, Campbell & Talbot had more ice time than Spooner, Lucic & Pastrnak.

I know they may not be the most reliable defensively, but the have to play more than they did.

I almost hope they don't make the playoffs. If they make it they are just going to get drubbed by Montreal or Tampa.

It should either way force them to make major changes in the offseason.

Devil's advocate; guess which forwards were on the ice when Getzlaf scored the game winner.

Last night's game shouldn't be your decision maker on the fate of this team. They played a strong game and had their lead taken away on an iffy no-call for goalie interference.

With Spooner playing so well, Krejci returning from injury and Connelly getting set to return soon it is going to be interesting to see who will be the next forward on the outside looking in.

Last night's game shouldn't be your decision maker on the fate of this team. They played a strong game and had their lead taken away on an iffy no-call for goalie interference.

With Spooner playing so well, Krejci returning from injury and Connelly getting set to return soon it is going to be interesting to see who will be the next forward on the outside looking in.

My opinion wasn't solely based on the Ducks game. There has been numerous times when they are down by a goal in the third period with under five minutes left and he rolls out the fourth line.

When they were effective and the team was ahead by a goal by all means put them out there.

My biggest issue with Julien is he is so reluctant to change unless he is forced to.

I would be surprised if it wasn't Smith when Connelly is ready.

I was kinda hoping essensa would get in the game :rolleyes:

That would have been great. It would have fit they way their season has gone so far...

I was excited at the beginning of the game, because those were exactly the lines I had suggested (other than Connolly), but even though it was only for a period, the truth is Krejci and the Swedes was horrible defensively.

I didn't see the first but what I saw in the second and third periods, the whole team was horrible defensively. They should have offered to give back that win.

I thought the Wings dominated the most in the 1st. What I think cost them the game was when Boston tied them the Wings started to play for the tie and not the win. They kept chipping the puck out of the D zone instead of playing it like they did all game. It was one of those losses you see coming.

That game was crazy. The Red Wings totally dominated them for most of the game. The Bruins end up with a few soft goals and some how hold on for the win.

One of the ugliest wins they have had in a long time.

I would only call Trotman's goal soft, the other two goals were good goals, creating a rebound on the powerplay and Soderberg threading to Smith and Smith putting a great move on Mrazek.

The last two nights summed up their season perfectly. The game in Washington was abysmal. Between how flat they came out and Julien's lines were awful.

I would think Julien & Chiarelli are gone fairly soon after the season ends. The Bruins should look drastically different next year.

When you're toying with twelve different line combinations the last two weeks of the season -- and your opponent has won something like twenty-five of thirty -- the truth is you don't really deserve to go to the dance. Teams basically have the choice to base themselves on being speedy or physical, and I think the problem is the B's have never really had speed, while they've slipped out of being physical.

That said, I'll take a win tomorrow night and a loss from one of the other two, then roll the dice to see if Tuukka can steal something for them.

Their physical game has been slowed down by the interference that is back in the NHL. Players have been getting held up on the forecheck all season.

Hopefully they are capable of making the changes they sorely need. Who could have guessed that their older players would look that old & slow so quickly.

There should be a lot of turnover in the roster. I can't imagine any of their UFA's will be back. the one exception of maybe McQuaid, although with his injury history I would let him go.

Maybe they will get real lucky in the draft lottery.. :laugh:

How safe is Julien after such a lackluster season? Chiarelli? I can't imagine Jackobs are very thrilled for the team to miss the playoffs...

Contrary to popular belief, it seems Julian and Chiarelli are not a package deal. Each have taken veiled shot at the other this season.

At the very least one of them is toast, right or wrong, it's gonna happen. I personally believe it will be Chiarelli, the cap issues and roster mismanagement is on him. The Seguin and Boychuk deals turned out to be complete disasters. Julian is still a decent NHL coach, but his defense first type system is wearing on people, namely Cam Neely. I'm not a huge Julian fan, but he's probably better than what's out there. However, I do question how much weight he has in that room.

Then there is the roster. I can't imagine any of the free agents will be back. Word this morning from Haggs was there was discussion in the front office about potentially moving Lucic. He has one year left on his deal and they simply cannot afford to resign him.

Who knows, maybe nothing happens. I wouldn't bet on it, but it wouldn't be all that much of a stretch.