Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MINIGREEK

Square blade with toe Curve?

Anyone know of any brand doing Square blades with toe curves? Closest I've found is the Bauer P14, which isn't quite a true square blade. I'm looking for a toe like Kane's pro stock sticks, but I'm really loving the shot I'm getting from toe curves. Using the NXG Toews and Warrior Dynasty AX2 Chara (P14 clone) currently. The Kovalchuk curve from Warrior has pretty much the "square" toe I'm looking for but the curve just wasn't deep enough for me. Any thoughts, maybe something new coming out?

I don't think P10 is offered on the customizer anymore. I do see some pop up on eBay from time-to-time.

I believe Kane and Giroux use a similar blade to that. One is left and the other is righty - so finding one of their pro stocks could work. You'd have to like the rest of their stick specs though...

Try the Bauer ID customizer. P10 pattern.

Damn!!! That is exactly what I'm looking for. And of course it's no longer available. Son of a ........

Why is P10 no longer available (retail or MyBauer)? Any reasonable explanation out there? I've never understood this, it obviously exists. I used old Shanahan years ago, now using P14, but I'd like to see the Bauer P10 or Easton P2 return.

Right, but why trash the molds? They must be laying around somewhere. Why not at least make them available for custom orders like MyBauer so they can make money on just those? They could require a minimum order if it was cost prohibitive to manufacture just one. Doesn't really matter, but a legitimate answer would be cool.

Might be tough to track one down since they stopped making them probably over a year ago but the Combat Jagr curve was exactly what you're looking for: squared toe shape and a nasty hook at the end.

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the input. I actually took a sander to an old Easton E3 bladed stick I had and got the basic toe shape I was looking for. Not quite as much toe as I'd like, but I used it tonight and it was awesome! Might have to just make my own if I can't get Bauer to let me make a couple via their customizer. I sent them an email yesterday to find out if a P10 Or Giroux pattern were in any way available thru them still. Hopefully they get back to me with good news.

Pro stock wise, look for Easton's E31 pattern. Open toe curve with a square toe.

Found one on Ebay, a new HTX in 85 flex , E31 pattern. Can't wait to get it. Thanks for the heads up!!!!

Might be tough to track one down since they stopped making them probably over a year ago but the Combat Jagr curve was exactly what you're looking for: squared toe shape and a nasty hook at the end.

Fischer has a Jagr mold, if they are an option for you.

Right, but why trash the molds? They must be laying around somewhere. Why not at least make them available for custom orders like MyBauer so they can make money on just those? They could require a minimum order if it was cost prohibitive to manufacture just one. Doesn't really matter, but a legitimate answer would be cool.

I think molds wear out. So if you have a mold that needs to be replaced and sales have been poor, you might not be able to justify the cost to make a new mold.

Pro stock wise, look for Easton's E31 pattern. Open toe curve with a square toe.

You sir are the winner! The E31 is the curve Jesus would use for sure. Seriously it's amazing. The one I got off ebay arrived and I used it today. Stoked. Only issue is that it says it's an 85 flex, but feels more like a 95, so it was stiffer than I'm used to, but the curve is so good I'll deal with the flex. Does Easton do custom sticks like Bauer? I'd like to order a few sticks with the E31 in an 80 or 82 flex. Thanks again for all your input!!

talk to your local hockey store, they should have an easton rep. glad to hear the curve worked out for you. always wanted to try it out!

On 6/10/2017 at 6:03 AM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

That is so perfect in every way- QRL/ flex/ blade and even the color scheme ...

On 6/10/2017 at 11:33 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Man I wish that was RH.

Except, it is not RH.

On 6/11/2017 at 2:35 PM, Giraffe14 said:

For the righties, I believe David Krejci's sticks are similar

Found this- 68 inches! After I cut that down to my height, the thing is gonna play like a telephone pole would:

http://www.dkhockey.com/bauer-nexus-1n-rh-grip-pro-stock-hockey-stick-87-flex-krejci-bruins-toe-nhl/

Dear Warrior- please make that Domi curve a retail pattern (or at least throw it up on the customizer). I know, it may not sell, but MSH faithful would love it.