Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Montreal Canadiens: 2014-2015

So far, the Habs have had 2 games where they have dominated parts of the game and been dominated for other parts. They've come out of both with wins.

I like the chemistry building between Pax/Desharnais and Parenteau. I know that MT moved PA-P around in game 2...but I suspect them to spend lots of time together this year. Plekanec/Gallagher and Galchenyuk will do some damage as well. Jiri Sekac looks like he'll hold his own in the NHL. Manny Malholtra means Pleky doesn't have to be relied on for so many defensive zone FO's...And Prust, Moen, Bourque, Weise and Eller are going to give you a solid effort every shift even if the points don't pile up.

PK is PK. Markov and Emelin have been a bit shaky so far, it'll sort out hopefully. It will interesting to see how Beaulieu and Tinordi split time. I suspect Tinner might get in against Philly for added toughness. Gilbert isn't flashy by any means...but he gets the job done . And Weaver looks to be able to fill the shot blocking void of Gorges' departure.

Biggest things to fix, IMO:

Giveaways are way too high!

Can't rely on goalies to steal games all year. Need to allow fewer shots!

Capitalize on PP chances and take fewer penalties - 20 minutes in 2 games (not counting Prust's fight)

btw...I called my fantasy team Parenteau Discretion. haha

The difference between last year and this year is already showing. When they didn't play a full 60 minutes last year...they Lost. They have yet to play a full, solid 60 minutes of hockey and they are 3-0. I don't want that to be the normal all year....but last year...with these efforts, I'd say 1-2 would likely be the record.

2 Shootouts already as well. Last year CP was AWFUL in the SO. Ticker got the first and Price was awesome last night.

Gilbert is a nice guy to have, nothing flashy but nothing terrible either.

Very good by the possession statistics and by eye is good at making the simple play and has a good breakout pass. Fans in Edmonton during his Oiler days always wanted him to hit more, but that isn't who he is. More of a finesse player with good positioning and a good stick. Not every D has to be Darien Hatcher or Brian Marchment.

Playing poorly finally caught up with them in Tampa. Hopefully that is behind them after a couple days off to get on the ice and work out bugs. Home Opener tonight!

Very good by the possession statistics and by eye is good at making the simple play and has a good breakout pass. Fans in Edmonton during his Oiler days always wanted him to hit more, but that isn't who he is. More of a finesse player with good positioning and a good stick. Not every D has to be Darien Hatcher or Brian Marchment.

As a hawks fan, I know what that kind of D corps looks like.

As a hawks fan, I know what that kind of D corps looks like.

You would you lucky son of a gun you. As a rapidly diminishing fan of the Oilers, I am jealous of pretty much every other team's D corps but Chicago is up near the top.

Shining a laser at Rask. Stay classy, Montreal.

What kind of idiot thinks it is okay to risk damaging someone's eyesight permanently to help his team win a game? Not to mention how evil it is to distract someone who is already trying to stop 80-100 mph pucks while large angry men smash into him and each other.

that aside, I'm intrigued by the Habs and I am very curious how their season goes. To my eye they are a decent candidate to come out of the east. Definitely a step behind the Bruins and probably Tampa but right in there with the Penguins and Rangers.

Again...I feel I have to say...don't go painting ALL Habs fan with the same d-bag brush. It's not like we're the only fan base with dickhead fans included. A Detroit Lions fan flashes a laser at Dan Carpenter when he was kicking for the game a couple weeks back.

I don't know that the Habs are a step behind anyone right now. If they decide to play from the opening drop instead of waiting to be behind then they'll make some noise in the East.

Let's not be oversensitive here. I just hope one of our moron fans doesn't decide that turnabout is fair play but I'm not overly optimistic.

I am curious to get the Montreal perspective on Lucic's boarding penalty. I didn't catch the third and only saw a quick highlight of the hit that appeared as if Emelin turned late but I wasn't sure if that was my rose colored glasses or if it was an iffy call. That said, I don't care for any antics at the crowd from the box, especially when you're trailing in the game.

Again...I feel I have to say...don't go painting ALL Habs fan with the same d-bag brush. It's not like we're the only fan base with dickhead fans included. A Detroit Lions fan flashes a laser at Dan Carpenter when he was kicking for the game a couple weeks back.

If something intelligent was said, that would warrant a reply. No need to give counter examples to some fatuous comments.

Fans in every city do stupid and unsportsmanlike things and those fans should not be considered the norm. However, it seems like that subset of fans in Montreal always seem to do something a couple times per season and never seem to get punished for it.

Fans in every city do stupid and unsportsmanlike things and those fans should not be considered the norm. However, it seems like that subset of fans in Montreal always seem to do something a couple times per season and never seem to get punished for it.

To what 'subset 'and what 'something' are you referring to?

The subset would be the stupid and unsportsmanlike fans and the something would be the stupid and unsportsmanlike things that they do.

I am curious to get the Montreal perspective on Lucic's boarding penalty. I didn't catch the third and only saw a quick highlight of the hit that appeared as if Emelin turned late but I wasn't sure if that was my rose colored glasses or if it was an iffy call. That said, I don't care for any antics at the crowd from the box, especially when you're trailing in the game.

In a Florida/San Jose game...the same hit may not draw a penalty. But, given all that has gone on with these 2 (teams and players)...it might have been an attempt to make sure nothing got stupid in the late going.

The subset would be the stupid and unsportsmanlike fans and the something would be the stupid and unsportsmanlike things that they do.

That can be said of any fan base. Is there anything specific that you are referring to? The "fan" that Chippa was referring to was a moron is not in dispute or defensible. What bothers me is how from one instance one can make generalizations to the whole fan base.

*righteous indignation* Don't paint all Bruins with the same d-bag brush.

Seriously though, didn't care for that Lucic gesture when I heard about it.

That can be said of any fan base. Is there anything specific that you are referring to? The "fan" that Chippa was referring to was a moron is not in dispute or defensible. What bothers me is how from one instance one can make generalizations to the whole fan base.

It seems like Montreal has an incident like that at least a couple times per season.

I disagree about Gilbert....hes a big guy but hes also a soft player...I would rather have kept Gorges and not sign this guy.

Lidstrom was "soft" too but nobody complained about it.

It seems like Montreal has an incident like that at least a couple times per season.

Lidstrom was "soft" too but nobody complained about it.

never in my life did I think anyone would compare Tom Gilbert to Lidstrom =)

I think it's more of a style of play comparison than a results based one. If you are a big points guy, you can get away with being 'soft'...in the eyes of the fans.

I think it's more of a style of play comparison than a results based one. If you are a big points guy, you can get away with being 'soft'...in the eyes of the fans.

well its a bad one. No one complained about Lidstrom being soft because he was tops in the league in just about any other way, he never really had to hit because he wouldn't necessarily allow it to get to that point. Take kronwall's booming hits away and replace him with Ericsson's physicality, as a Detroit example, and you bet people would be complaining here about how soft he is.