Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stewie

Detroit Red Wings: 2014-2015

As a Babs and a Wings fan I can say that I will miss him. At the same time IF,,,,, IF he should get the Leafs to a Cup you can bet they will put his face on money up there. I kid of course. Well maybe a bit.

It's just one piece. A big one, but still only one. A lot of work to be done, but as a leaf fan I'm ecstatic not just for the signing but because for the first time in decades the team is finally going to build a team correctly instead of continually pretending a mediocre team is almost a contender.

As a Babs and a Wings fan I can say that I will miss him. At the same time IF,,,,, IF he should get the Leafs to a Cup you can bet they will put his face on money up there. I kid of course. Well maybe a bit.

they wont put his face on anything. his hair... maybe!

All in all, I am ok with this. Maybe i have too much faith in Blashy as a coach, but as good of a coach as Babcock is, there are players he clashes with, and I think that has held us back a little on some of these free agent years. He is great at getting a lot out of the younger guys, but i think Blashill will follow in that same vein. 10 years in this NHL environment is a lot. Adding 8 more to it? at 50 million, that's a ton of cash. Definitely dont blame him for taking it, plus he will get more time off to spend with family in the summer. Hes good at polishing turds, but hes going to need a lot of turd polish in Toronto.