Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

47thCapsCrease

These gloves won't break in and I need help

I've got a pair of early 80's(I think) Koho 650s. I've had them for about a month and i've spent about a week and a half trying to break them in. They still feel beyond stiff and movement is minimal. I've been wearing them around the house, I've TRIED to use them in a pickup game but that didn't work whatsoever and I've even tried wetting them. I know there's already a thread for this but all the answers were about new gloves, and these are anything but.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Are they leather or knit? Part of the problem is likely the one piece fingers. Have you tried baking them?

They're leather. I haven't tried baking yet, I've never done it before and I'm worried about damaging a perfectly good pair of gloves.

I've had other gloves like this that haven't given me any sort of fight whatsoever. This pair just seems uncooperative.

Try a lanolin based-shaving cream. Do a search on here, there are a bunch of threads. I've done it, and it worked for me - not sure it will work on palms that old, but it might be worth a shot!

You still haven't provided any information about the actual problem area . Is it the back rolls, fingers, cuff or palm? What material is the problem area? People can't help you accurately without some basic information.