Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BucksAway

Warrior Dolomite Equivalent

Hi,

What is the closest equivalent to a (2009 i think ) warrior dolomite

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-hockey-shaft-dolomite-upgraded-grip-int.html

I used to own this exact shaft a while back and after breaking it i moved onto other sticks, SE16, Easton Mako, Easton V9E, ,RBK 4k, Bauer TotalOneShaft + blade and don't feel like I have played and shot so well ever since it snapped and after recently snapping 3 of my Mako's at the blade i'm looking at getting some more sticks.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of feeling and testing sticks before purchasing so it has all been a blind purchase, i'm not strong and don't have a extremely quick shot so am looking at a low kick point stick for a quicker release. I don't want to go back to the shaft/blade combo as tapered blades are expensive.

I'm looking at the clearance items at hockey monkey and mostly the Warrior sticks, can anybody recommend something?

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/clearance-hockey-sticks-warrior-int.html

Thanks

If anybody also knows the length of the sticks they are recommending that would be awesome. A 70 would be perfect for me but if i am forced to shave off a few inches it's not great.

I'm about 5"7 5"8 ( not sure ) and 70kg

the dynasty ax2 is basically an upgraded (reinforced) dolomite. the ax2 specifically because its still a fused two piece and the joint is near the blade, whereas the ax1 the fusion is higher up. the shaft is essentially the same except for the reinforced back side that gives it a bit more of a mid kick. i switched pretty seamlessly between the two, got my hands on a few old dolomite shafts as well, doesn't beat the original imo but as current model its close enough and more durable.

The AX2 is a mid-kick profile stick, and would be a bit more like an old AK27 in terms of how shots come off the stick. I haven't used the AX2 myself, but I love my AX1,

Looking at HM's clearance warrior sticks, if you're a lefty and can use the kovalchuk or kovalev patterns (or find your pattern in stock elsewhere), the Dolomite DD is going to be the closest thing to that original dragon dolomite.

Otherwise, the Covert line is Warrior's low-kick stick, and plenty of the first year Coverts are still available. The Diablo and Widow are also low kick, but their blades are known for being a bit weak.

The AX2 is a mid-kick profile stick, and would be a bit more like an old AK27 in terms of how shots come off the stick. I haven't used the AX2 myself, but I love my AX1,

Looking at HM's clearance warrior sticks, if you're a lefty and can use the kovalchuk or kovalev patterns (or find your pattern in stock elsewhere), the Dolomite DD is going to be the closest thing to that original dragon dolomite.

Otherwise, the Covert line is Warrior's low-kick stick, and plenty of the first year Coverts are still available. The Diablo and Widow are also low kick, but their blades are known for being a bit weak.

Covert has a very different flex profile from the Dolomite, I would not consider that to be an easy transition or an option for someone looking for the closest modern stick to the Dolomite.

Just found an Eastern Synergy ST 65 Flex that i have been playing with recently ( blue model - similar look to SE16 ) and my shot is a lot better then when using my Mako and V9E. Maybe the problem isn't with the stick but with the flex. After cutting down a senior 70 i,m probably pushing it to about an 85 flex.

What's the thoughts on the CCM RBK Stage 2 ?

Rbk 20k

Covert Dt1

Basically any intermediate stick on clearance at hockeymonkey is a possibility. Trying to avoid Bauer/Easton as i will require a forwarding company

Think I'm going to go the 55 flex DT1 and cut down 4" or so as the Warriors Int sticks are 60"

The rbz looks more aimed at players who take the big slap shots and from what I have read the blade isn't the best for puck handling