Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quickstrike32

CCM RBZ skate durability

Eyelets and rivets on modern skates are thinner metal than in years past. If the owner doesn't dry the skates after each use, rust will form and the sweat will corrode. Doesn't matter the manufacturer, all have same issues. Some skaters sweat is more corrosive than others. These are usually the guys that have durability issues.

I've used super glue to fix that issue for loose stitching. Absolutely nothing has deteriorated further since then. I'm still very happy with them!

I've seen quite a few pair become unraveled in the tendon guard area (single stitch).

When I was testing them, I shredded an eyelet on the first lace-up; it was a really strange break. Looked like a curly fry.

The eyerow is pretty thick on the RBZ and I had to order long-shanked eyelets to repair it.

My RBZ 80s are doing great after two seasons. Typical minor cosmetic damage you would expect. I make sure to pull my insoles and air them out after every time I play.

I've seen quite a few pair become unraveled in the tendon guard area (single stitch).

When I was testing them, I shredded an eyelet on the first lace-up; it was a really strange break. Looked like a curly fry.

The eyerow is pretty thick on the RBZ and I had to order long-shanked eyelets to repair it.

The single stitch is always a potential issue, but don't most makes and models use single stitching now.

It's between these and Bauer Nexus at my LHS unless I decide to order a EE Supreme or Tacks online. I'm sure they are all good skates just need to get the fit dialed in which is a lot tougher than I expected.

Know a guy who went through 5 pairs, CCM was nice enough to warranty all of the skates tho.

If you're an elite level skater, I wouldn't. We sold a handful of pairs, all but one had some sort of issue with it, and he just plays men's league.

We've sold 2 to junior B players who went back to old skates after ~6 months in, 2 to high schoolers who we needed to replace eyelits. Local junior A team had a couple kids who went through 2 or 3 pairs.

If you're typical men's leaguer and weigh under 200 I'd say they're good though, but that first batch at least gave out to anyone who skated hard. So far the Tacks are holding up well & we're still doing amazing with Bauer top-end durability.

If you're an elite level skater, I wouldn't. We sold a handful of pairs, all but one had some sort of issue with it, and he just plays men's league.

We've sold 2 to junior B players who went back to old skates after ~6 months in, 2 to high schoolers who we needed to replace eyelits. Local junior A team had a couple kids who went through 2 or 3 pairs.

If you're typical men's leaguer and weigh under 200 I'd say they're good though, but that first batch at least gave out to anyone who skated hard. So far the Tacks are holding up well & we're still doing amazing with Bauer top-end durability.

Yea, I'm over 200 and played for 13 years but haven't in 15 years. I've read too many negatives to consider them...

I literally was just about to say this about being an elite level skater. If you're hard on your skates then these probably aren't the skates for you, this can range from size to how aggressively and violently you skate to just how you take care of them. The Tacks just seem like a very well put together skate and im sure a couple people know by now I'm a bauer lover and would suggest supremes. ESPECIALLY if you can get the MX3 LE's ahaha

I have the RBZ 100's and they are exceptional skates.Great quality boot.Got them baked twice and they fit like a glove.Very smooth,fast skate.I am alot faster in these skates compared to my old Reebok 5k NHL edition skates.Whoever said they were crap cant afford them or never skated in them.They are an elite skate for elite skaters such as myself.They are not designed for your average mens league has beens and never were type skaters.

I have the RBZ 100's and they are exceptional skates.Great quality boot.Got them baked twice and they fit like a glove.Very smooth,fast skate.I am alot faster in these skates compared to my old Reebok 5k NHL edition skates.Whoever said they were crap cant afford them or never skated in them.They are an elite skate for elite skaters such as myself.They are not designed for your average mens league has beens and never were type skaters.

This made my morning, good stuff!

For whatever it's worth, due to all the rumors of QC, I am not even looking at the RBZ's in my current skate purchase.

I'm thinking about ordering a Supreme in wide from somewhere with free returns. My LHS won't order a wide unless I'm positive it will fit.

If that is the case, I'd just order elsewhere.

How are you going to be positive if it fits, unless you order and try it on?

I speak the truth,I dont know nothing about trolling.I am a hockey player not an internet forum type of guy.You Monty22 are at your computer while I am at the rink...are you mad now bro?

I speak the truth,I dont know nothing about trolling.I am a hockey player not an internet forum type of guy.You Monty22 are at your computer while I am at the rink...are you mad now bro?

He never even said anything remotely close to sounding mad. You don't speak the truth, you speak opinions. "Whoever said they were crap cant afford them or never skated in them" is certainly not the truth. Crazy how you expect others to stray from coming on a thread to express their opinions and experiences on a skate but its permitted that some pretentious little punk wants to come waltzing in here and take a stab at some person who was giving you the benefit of the doubt and say you were trolling(because of how imbecilic you sounded). As far as your "elite level skating"...may I drop some bread for the bird and ask you to look up the "dunning-Kruger effect"? I'm sure you'll be ecstatic that a bunch of old guys made a little theory just for people like you! :smile:

I've worn the rbz for a season now and in my opinion frm a performance side. the skates r great. stiff and light. On the build side i do find a few issues with the skates. the eyelets r horrible, the stitching around the ankle collar & the tendon guard needs more reenforcement, & lastly the tendon guard itself is an issue, mine is about to break after only a season. i m very hard on my skates tho. i have since switched to the tacks. the tacks so far so good, but only time will tell.

I was attacked for making a post on here,wow.You guys ,take this stuff way to personal.I think the RBZ skates are pretty awesome .I can say that because I own a pair and I skate in them pretty much every other day.I am 200lbs 6ft so I am by no means a little guy.I am pretty rough on skates.These RBZ's have held up nicely,thats all I am saying.Is that ok with you tracphone basher?

I don't think anyone is taking your post(s) personal. I think you just received responses to your post. I have to assume the responses would have been different if your original post would have been something like....

"I have had the RBZ's for x amount of time. I'm 6' 200lbs, skate about 4 times a week & have had no durability issues with them. I think they're great and would recommend them to anyone."

That said, I'm glad you like the skates and hope they continue to provide you what you're looking for.