Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattyr33

Lightspeed Edge holders/runners issue?

I decided to invest in some VH skates and asked for LS Edge holders. I ordered the steel with a custom profile from noicing. I cannot for the life of me get the damn steel into the holders. Just to eliminate the obvious, everything is 288.

I have to put my entire weight on 1 heel to get the steel to click in, but then the button is still compressed. The steel looks like it may be warped, but I can't really tell and it's hard to get a good picture. Also on the inside of the holder, near the heel it looks like there is glue or something on both of them which I'm wondering if it's supposed to be there. Looks like it can be causing the runner to not lock in fully.

Pics are attached of the spot in the heel I'm talking about. Hopefully the steel isn't warped and it's just this glue thing, because I was really excited and now I'm bummed.

IStpUGml.jpg

That yellowish spot is slightly elevated and on both holders so I'm wondering if it's supposed to be there. I'll keep trying to see if somethings warped.

Edit: Holding the runners together at the toe resulted in a gap at the heel. How bad is it?

G7kFJ6gl.jpg

Edit 2: A look of my attempt to put one of the runners into the holder.

irq1NRKl.jpg

Alright I thought the holder looked a little twisted but couldn't tell. So is the steel fine? What should I do? Just go to the lhs and get them to fix the holders or send it back to Scott?

The only way to fix those is to remove the holder epoxy the bottom and remount them straight. I have been dealing with this for months with a player. We did the epoxy and and he scored 2 goals in a huge game. (AHL player, trainer didn't have time to do all of the work) The player is one of my pickiest and the trainer and player were both happy.

Duct tape the inside of the boot and turn it upside down and make sure it is very level. Fill the holes a couple times. Its a Lepaige Epoxy I used. Let it sit overnight and sand off any excess. Then have the blade remounted and you wont have any issues. Make sure the steel is in the holder when mounting it.

Or send it back to scott.....LOL

So that glue thing and the gap when I hold the steel together are normal?

I played around some more today and I noticed that Runner#1 misses to the inside of the right skate heel, while appearing to be straight in the left skate. Runner #2 misses to the inside of the right skate heel, and to the inside of the left skate heel. Based off that it sounds to me like both holders are screwed up, and Runner#2 is straight, while runner#1 is not. I'm going to go to the LHS and see what they think because photos can only show so much.

Installing holders without the steel in them is likely the cause. Even with steel in them, a metal stabilizing bar has to be used to keep the holder true while riveting.