Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kac1

Bauer Supreme 160 vs 170

I am coming from Bauer Supreme One55 skates and am trying to decide whether I should go with the Supreme 160's or 170's. I would consider myself to be an intermediate skater who is on the ice twice a week. Would the 170's be too stiff coming from a One55 skate?

170 is the better choice. Comparable to the One55 in terms of features. 160 would be a step down the line. You might also consider finding a One.7 on clearance. The outsole is a bit stiffer and closer to what you're used to from the One55.

160 is a very good skate for the price and you probably made a good choice in buying a pair. However, the 170 is closer to the One55 in terms of features, stiffness, etc. which seems to be what the original post was asking.

I'm interested in this too as I've got a One55's that I've recently purchased (new old stock) but will be travelling to the US early next year and want to take the opportunity to get some newer, higher spec skates. Was thinking the 180's or 190's might be the go (can't quite jusitfy MX3's).

I'm picking up that the One55's are (were?) great skates, considered to be a stiff boot with a good amount of features. Sounds like the 170's are comparable so for a step up should I be looking at the 180's as a minimum?

Cheers,

Mark