Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdem93

Shoulder Pad Help

Hey everyone I was just looking for some help on finding some shoulder pads. I'm a bigger stockier guy at 5'9 190,with wide shoulders ,and my x7.0 shoulders make me feel like a line backer. The fit is fine Im just looking to find something with lower or smaller shoulder caps. Thanks

Hey everyone I was just looking for some help on finding some shoulder pads. I'm a bigger stockier guy at 5'9 190,with wide shoulders ,and my x7.0 shoulders make me feel like a line backer. The fit is fine Im just looking to find something with lower or smaller shoulder caps. Thanks

CCM CL's or RBZs are worth a look.

plus 1 to CCM. Im 5'8" 190 and rock the RBZs, love the profile of them, super light, no moisture retention. If you don't have the change to spend, their lower models are also really good feeling and fairly light.

Thanks for the suggestions is there much of a difference between the rbz and Crazy lights? I just really want a lower shoulder height while maintaining the protection esle where

the difference isn't too drastic. the main ones being the center piece being "contained" within the chest of the RBZ, some range of motion tweaks in the RBZ, and lastly the front hangs down a bit more offering lower coverage. To me, these features sold me on the RBZ over the CL.

Any suggestions beyond CCM? I've tried RBZs and RBZ 130s in multiple sizes and the chest piece rides up into my neck and its too aggravating/annoying to wear in my experience despite the other great things about them.

have you tried wearing the strap at the waist a little looser?Sometimes they will ride up when too tight. I've had that issue with my Jofas from time to time as well.

Don't forget to check out the Easton Makos as I have them and absolutely luv them. Good protection without being bulky. I think your size would be a Large.

Another for CCM. I wear RBZ 130 cause I wanted something light, mobile, and low profile. I didn't go with the flagship cause I only play pick up, and don't need top flight protection at the shoulders. I much prefer them to the CL, cause the floating sternum was annoying to me.

Didn't read any replies but I have Easton Mako M5's and am built like you. They are not bulky, and have very protective chest padding.

I also looked at CCM RBZ, while much lighter and less "bulky" compared to the Mako's, I didn't feel the protective level was as good, especially in the rib and bicep area.

Thanks for all the replies ended up picking up the CL's plan on giving them a go for some early morning rat on Monday. Hopefully these feel good on theice

I wear Farrell shoulder pads, however I don't think they make them anymore?

I always hated bulky shoulder pads, I'm 6'3 185, so I wanted smaller shoulder pads for better movement and the Farrells have been amazing.

Just wanted to follow up, skated a rat hockey session in the CL shoulders today, and they are by far the lightest and best fitting shoulders I have played in. The shoulder height is perfect, I guess my only flaw would be the back being a little bulky but otherwise perfect. These paired with the RBZ elbows are the most comfortable protectionIve had on the ice in my relatively short time playing.

I've been playing with CCM CL for over a year now. I've customize them to make them perfect to my liking. I took some Farrel pads and sowed them to the lower front and lower back for more protection. I've done the same for the arms protection. I just found that they weren't covering enough with the original padding. I also used a heat gun to ply the neck part a little bit to make it more comfortable.

I absolutely recommend these to anybody that wants a light and comfortable pair of shoulder pads and that is not as picky as I am. (I customize all my stuff...)