Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grnmtnvt

CCM vs Reebok Pants fit.

I have extensively tried on every make and model of pant on the market this year (have also posted a review in the review section of you want to check out)

The Reebok's have more of a tapered fit, but not as tapered as the Bauer Vapor's

The CCM's have a more classic fit, wider leg, but not bulky, similar to the Bauer Nexus (less bulky tho)

The kicker for me, because I'm tall at 6'1") was length

Many have said the CCM's run shorter than most, but I personally didn't find them any shorter then anything else even with the 1" zipper closed

The 1" zipper extension in the waist is awesome, and gives me that extra length I was looking for tho

I compared the 130, 150 and top of the line RBZ pants

The top end RBZ were just too much for me, so much added protection and felt very stiff

The 150 and 130's were almost identical w slight adjustments in the 150, but a $50 difference

For what I play, beer league div C and drop in, I skate about 2-4 times a week the 130's were the ticket and $50 cheaper than the 150's

IMO you can't go wrong w the 130 or 150's, IF you like the fit of the pant

some prefer a pant w more volume, some like a more tapered fit

I have extensively tried on every make and model of pant on the market this year (have also posted a review in the review section of you want to check out)

The Reebok's have more of a tapered fit, but not as tapered as the Bauer Vaopr's

The CCM's have a more classic fit, wider leg, but not bulky, similar to the Bauer Nexus (less bulky tho)

Many have said the CCM's run shorter than most, but I personally didn't find them any shorter then anything else even with the 1" zipper closed

The 1" zipper extension in the waist is awesome, and gives me that extra length I was looking for tho

Bolded: This was the case with previous generations.

That's a good overall break down of the fit differences though.

Did you find that the higher end Reebok models had the same bulk and stiffness as the higher end CCM models had?

The Reebok's have more of a tapered fit, but not as tapered as the Bauer Vapor's

I compared the 130, 150 and top of the line RBZ pants

The top end RBZ were just too much for me, so much added protection and felt very stiff

The 150 and 130's were almost identical w slight adjustments in the 150, but a $50 difference

For what I play, beer league div C and drop in, I skate about 2-4 times a week the 130's were the ticket and $50 cheaper than the 150's

IMO you can't go wrong w the 130 or 150's, IF you like the fit of the pant

some prefer a pant w more volume, some like a more tapered fit

Did you find that the higher end Reebok models had the same bulk and stiffness as the higher end CCM models had?

I did

Im sure over time they may loosen up a bit, but didnt want to have a bunch of break in time

Also the 18 or 20k Pro's dont have a waist lace, just one buckle to tighten

I know the Reebok 16k's did, and they didnt feel as rigid as the higher end models did

I too was down to Reebok or CCM but it was between the 16k and RBZ 130's

Just prefered the fit of these two, and overall the CCM's won me over

Ive had them for about a month or so and love them

So much i upgraded my 1994 Cooper Air shoulder pads to the CCM RBZ 130's

Man oh man, they are so sweet too

Ridiculously light, low pro shoulder caps etc .... But thats for another topic ;)

Cool, I'll check them out. I had a pair of the CCM Crazy Strong pants and I found them to have way too much bulk and rigidity, so I figured the new line might be the same.

Agreed. I picked up a pair of the RBZ 150 shoulders and love them. Amazing range of motion.

I did
Im sure over time they may loosen up a bit, but didnt want to have a bunch of break in time
Also the 18 or 20k Pro's dont have a waist lace, just one buckle to tighten
I know the Reebok 16k's did, and they didnt feel as rigid as the higher end models did

I too was down to Reebok or CCM but it was between the 16k and RBZ 130's
Just prefered the fit of these two, and overall the CCM's won me over
Ive had them for about a month or so and love them

So much i upgraded my 1994 Cooper Air shoulder pads to the CCM RBZ 130's
Man oh man, they are so sweet too
Ridiculously light, low pro shoulder caps etc .... But thats for another topic ;)