Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bmess6

V9e or QR1

I have both with the e28 curve I find the v9e has a lil more pop on snap shots but overall I like the qr1 a lil more i get better wristers and I like a really light stick which the qr1 is lighter and you can feel the difference they both have great puck feel it's probably a toss up honestly.

In store and using the same flex, I found the QR1 to be stiffer (similar to a NXG/MX3 or Tacks), while the V9E felt softer and easier to load up (similar to a Nexus/Superfast). Durability-wise, I've heard QR1s are prone to breaking pretty easily and quickly and the coating is prone to coming off after removing tape; meanwhile, the V9Es are prone to chipping around the toe and heel of the blade and the blade has been known to go soft over a short time period.

Since I'm currently using a Nexus 8000, I just bought a V9E because of it's similarity to the Nexus line (easy to load up and best for wristers/snappers), but has that lower kick point. Also, managed to pick it up for $95 shipped, so not a bad deal! As soon as I get it, I'll update with some feedback.

In store and using the same flex, I found the QR1 to be stiffer (similar to a NXG/MX3 or Tacks), while the V9E felt softer and easier to load up (similar to a Nexus/Superfast). Durability-wise, I've heard QR1s are prone to breaking pretty easily and quickly and the coating is prone to coming off after removing tape; meanwhile, the V9Es are prone to chipping around the toe and heel of the blade and the blade has been known to go soft over a short time period.

Since I'm currently using a Nexus 8000, I just bought a V9E because of it's similarity to the Nexus line (easy to load up and best for wristers/snappers), but has that lower kick point. Also, managed to pick it up for $95 shipped, so not a bad deal! As soon as I get it, I'll update with some feedback.

Where do you manage to get one that cheap?

I've been a long time user of ''low kick'' flex hockey sticks. (S19, Covert, Widow, V9E, etc.) Lately, I've been using a True 6.0 stick. Wow. That stick is unbelievable. Good for wristers, awesome for slap shots, make wrist shots effortless and stick handling or receiving passes is a joke. I highly recommend trying this stick. It's also a lot more durable.

Normaly when I use a Easton stick , I utilise an 85 flex, but I got a 75 for the True one.

I just find that I have a lot more consistency with all my shots. I also have more control to where the pucks actually goes when I shoot. Even though my weight is not perfectly distributed, I can still shoot pretty hard vs. the low- kick flex sticks.

Would I recommend a V9E to anyone after buying one and trying it out during ONE practice session?

NO

yyPLSnp.jpg

Split down the middle... right in the middle of the blade.

I'd like to recommend buying pro stock or custom ordered V9E stick if you can find them in near store.

Because Easton use the different factory between normal commercial sticks and custom things.

And for the custom V9E, they have 4kinds option of the blade.

XV9E NHL, XV9E PRO, XS19 and XU19. https://www.flickr.com/photos/50271552@N06/14569970133/in/set-72157635433233406

In those, XV9E PRO is very solid and have much durability.

The "PRO" blade have been making from 2 piece stick blade era and I had used that PRO Roenick blade for 7years but it wasn't broken.

Commercial blades are made in China, but custom blade and sticks are made in Mexico factory.

So... I was going back and forth on whether or not to get another V9E. I thought... you know what, maybe... it was just a fluke. After all, the stick I bought was used, so it may have been through some stuff. Soooooo, I bought another V9E from my local hockey shop and took it out for a SINGLE practice session andddddd....

TaPCCkK.jpg

tUbmEdc.jpg

Thankfully, I have a receipt for this new one, so I'll be replacing it, but DAMN. What a shame. Great stick... but absolutely atrocious durability.

I guess I've been lucky. I've been using one of those Hockeymonkey Stealth pro stocks for a little less than a year and it is still going strong. It seems to have similar bad blade reviews also.

@mc88

I am far from defending Easton as I have had my fair share with their warranty department, but I think that that's just bad luck. I know people that use them and I have not heard anything like that.

I've been searching for pro stock V9Es but haven't found any that are 75 flex and E3-ish. Found one on fleabay, but I'm not sure if it's cut down and rated at an 85 flex or if it's an 85flex cut down to a 95+flex.

Also, wanted to add that both of the retail V9E sticks are "Hecho en México," so it doesn't appear to be a Chinese manufacturing problem (unless they make the blade portion). Also, these appear to be dated with "Jul 13th" on the shaft, so that month may have had a bad batch (one is a matte finish and the other is a grip finish)?

I'd like to recommend buying pro stock or custom ordered V9E stick if you can find them in near store.

Because Easton use the different factory between normal commercial sticks and custom things.

XV9E NHL, XV9E PRO, XS19 and XU19. https://www.flickr.com/photos/50271552@N06/14569970133/in/set-72157635433233406

The "PRO" blade have been making from 2 piece stick blade era and I had used that PRO Roenick blade for 7years but it wasn't broken.

Commercial blades are made in China, but custom blade and sticks are made in Mexico factory.

Which factory do you think this was made in? Do you think this was produced under CUSTOM specs, and thus manufactured in the Mexico factory?:

http://www.purehockey.com/easton-v9e-pure-white-composite-hockey-stick-2014-27879

I would never pay $260 for this twig; I am waiting for it to go on clearance. And by then, I will likely want something else going for $260 (like the Stealth CX), which I will be inquiring about, and waiting for to go on clearance.

As others have said, V9E...not worth it.

In terms of what's out there right now, I like my Rekker EK15. Very light, well balanced, very very low kick point. I have been enjoying my QR1 and my CCM Ribcor 40K more though, just because it feels like I can put more punishment on them and not worry too much. The 40K in particular is VERY well balanced, with lots of zing.

Honorable mention to the True A6.0, just because I was such a huge fan of the Combats, before they died.

I have been using Stealths and RS sticks for a while now and recently began using a Warrior DT2 I got on clearance. I have to say I'm quite impressed with the pop and durability of this stick. Now strongly considering the QR1 or Pro.

What is the minimum order for custom sticks? Also what are the differences between the different blades?

Update:

Just purchased some pro stock V9s, so I'll update on how well they preform. Also, decided to go with a stiffer flex (used 75 cut down to about 82, now trying 85 cut down to a 92) because I think I'm a bit too heavy for the softer shaft/blade construction.

Easton did send me a replacement stick and after a very light practice session, I'm already hearing some creaking noises in the shaft (the blade didn't break though!!!!!). I plan on using it Monday, so I'll update if it holds up or not.

As you can see, I love the feel of the stick and I'm not ready to give it up just yet!

It's amazing the amount of horror stories I've heard about the V9E. Over the span of a week, I saw three junior V9E's all come back into the store. Every single one of them on their first use split apart at the fuse point.

If it's the same pro stock V9E, its blade kind is the problem.

As Dannie Briere, the soft blade are used because certainly it assist our shooting but it reaaaally breakable.

PRO blade is the best for durability, I think.

I'll be getting two of these on Wednesday (not a V9E, but close enough):

V0kih3N.jpg

I'm really hoping they last more than one practice!