Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtlFlames

Mission Inhaler AC 1-3 Skate Fitting

Hi all. I have decided on the Mission Inhaler AC3 as my next skate. And although I have tried on different sizes and widths of this skate, I am having a hard time figuring out which ones fit best and pulling the trigger on the buy. Here is my dilemma that I hope you can help with. I wear a size 10 shoe. So I am trying on both 9's and 8.5's. I like a tight fit so the 8.5 seems to be good for my foot length. But I am struggling over D width versus EE width. And mainly because the skates are so rigid.

Does anyone have any experience with breaking in these particular skates? When they are broken in will the materials give a tiny bit and get a tad bit looser? Also will my foot slide back into the heal cup just a tiny bit as they break in? As of now the skates are so stiff I cannot lace them tight enough to get a good feel for how they will actually fit. Any suggestions?

Lastly, does baking make a big difference? Should I bake a high end skate like the AC3?

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

I have fitted a number of these. Baking makes a big difference, they do give a tiny amount for length as they break in. I have always suggested people get the smallest width they can fit into then punch any hot spots that occur. You can always make a boot wider but you can't make it smaller.

Lastly, does baking make a big difference? Should I bake a high end skate like the AC3?

I baked both my ice and roller skates. i think it's the best thing about a high-end skate. maintains the rigidity but form fits your foot to allow for better energy transfer.

Vet88's advice is spot on (as usual).

I have just come back to playing hockey after 4-5 years off. Before i had my long term break, i had bought some new skates..some mission assassin's. I was told by the shop who measured me as being an EE width. So i went with it.

Now that ive gone back to hockey, the skates just dont feel good. I feel like my foot starts to flop about. The skates were fine when new..they felt "right". But i suppose after breaking them in..theres just too much width in them. The result is my confidence has taken a nose dive.

After talking to a friend who owns a store..he measured me up and actually said i was a larger width D.. and suggested i get a d width in skates.

However I decided to get some alkali skates as they are known for their amazing fitting skates. Alkali doesnt sell two widths. Its sells one, which after a full 9 minute back will wrap to your foot..and has the ability to mold to an EE width foot. Just waiting for mine to arrive in the UK now.

hey as an owner of the ac1's i wear a 12 shoe but settled on a 9.5 skate and once i broke it in fits like a hard sock against my foot and no pain. they do give a decent amount when they fully break in and now that i have them fully broken i'm glad i didn't go with the 10 cause they would have been too big. width wise i went with a d even though it felt a little tight when first skating on them. i probably should mention i never baked these skates.

I was on the border of D and and EE with my AC2, I went with the EE as it felt better at the time and after a bake and for the first couple of skates it was great. but now after theyre broken in i do feel my toes want to wiggle side to side, nto a whole lot but just enough to notice. I would say go D.