Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Blues Sign Brodeur

I'm very curious to see how Mr. Brodeur plays with the Blues. His numbers have been pretty poor for the last few years. Perhaps in a situation where he doesn't play as often we'll see some of the play we have come to expect from him.

Hey, if he wants to play, and they want to pay him, then it's great for Marty. He has plenty of money, this proves that he just loves to play.

He's running it 'till the wheels fall off.. Gotta tip my hat to his love for the game, reminds me of Jagr's quote.

“I don’t think that way,” Jagr said today after taking his training camp physical. “I love the game. What I want to tell you is I don’t know if it’s going to be the last year in the NHL. If I stay healthy, it’s not going to be my last year in hockey. I want to play until 50, maybe more.

I hate the notion that great players should stop playing while they are still great. I feel players should stop playing when either they want to, or teams don't want to pay them. Jagr is exactly correct

I don't think he should have quit while he was still great but I do think he should know when he has reached the end.

And when the team you played for for 21 years doesn't want you anymore that should be a pretty good indicator.

Should have retired after the cup loss.

One of the top teams in the west just signed him, so I think he will get over New Jersey not wanting to.

That wasn't even remotely the point I was making.

Doesn't matter. A quality team believes he can contribute, and he still loves to play, so why should he retire? For someone else's beliefs?

There are a ton of incentives as well, so he will likely end up making much more than 700k. I heard he gets $10k for every point earned...not sure if that is team points (wins) or actual points for Marty. He usually finishes the season with more points than some of the tough guys in the league.

Not a bad start. While I agree he should have retired a year or two ago if his goal was to go out on top, I can empathize with someone not wanting to let go of playing at the highest level. And a certain amount of overconfidence in your abilities has to be a damn common thing in NHL players. I don't think you'd make it to that level if you weren't pretty damn sure you were one of the best. How often have we heard from a young player that an improvement in his play only came after he realized he was as good or better than the other guys? Or look at the number of young players who went to another level after playing in the Olympics and realizing they were one of the elite of the elite.

Grew up with him as my favorite player ever since the 94 ECF run against the Rangers. Honestly, if he still thinks he can play an a team is willing to give him a chance, I'm happy for him. I also do not think he'll retire until he has at least 700 wins.

Started out a little jittery but he came on and shut the door in relief his second game, and added to that with a first star performance in his third.