Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zbrownsyuk

Xmas Gear Haul: What Did You Get?

holidays means good deals online, this year I wanted to treat myself to some new gear just for drop in hockey at my local rink. So anyway for 300$. I bought a new Bauer 7500 helmet red with white cage, (2) reebok 16k sr. 85flex duchene p42 sticks (bogo)-hockeymonkey, Bauer x60 pants red, Bauer vapor pro series 2012 model 13" red and a reebok unlabeled redwings jersey home and redwings ccm100 home socks. Going to look like a redwing at drop in haha sure some people gonna think what they want but I love new Gear..technology has improved, the new gear is affordable, and red gear just seems so noticeable on the ice. Anyway I'm super pumped. What kind of gear are you looking forward to getting this holiday?

Instead of making this a useless Wish List thread, let's make this a "What Did You Get" thread. Post up what you got as gifts over the Holidays.

-Mako 2 Skates

-Warrior Covert DT Pro stick- 100 flex, P88, maybe a W71 too but I need to see it in person

Instead of making this a useless Wish List thread, let's make this a "What Did You Get" thread. Post up what you got as gifts over the Holidays.

Will have in hand in 24 hours; at an airport in the South Pacific Ocean presently and making my way back to the mainland to grab the items.

So far got the following:

White IMS 11 helmet w/ royal blue inserts

Black IMS 11 helmet

Royal blue Bauer APX Pro gloves

Royal blue Bauer Nexus shell (but will probably return and get the Nexus 1000 pants)

"Instead of making this a useless Wish List thread, let's make this a "What Did You Get" thread. Post up what you got as gifts over the Holidays."

Ya that was the point haha, I didn't post my "wish list" I just wanted to share what I just bought for myself..also was curious what gear people are planning on getting this holiday as a gift or for themselves.

Already dropped them on him, but most of Christmas for the Little Man is Bauer Supreme 190's... First game with them(beer league)..

s1091.photobucket.com/user/EJB21/media/imagejpg1_zps5d412398.jpg.html]imagejpg1_zps5d412398.jpg

I had a roller hockey overhaul. Got new shins and elbows, new abs blades, and a new ice girdle (the old one becomes my roller girdle). This replaces all my smelly old gear, so hopefully the guys I play with will stop calling me pig pen.

I got myself some easton mako skates, and my parents were nice enough to get me a full set of easton Synergy HSX protective gear minus elbow pads. They fit great and I barely have to fuss around with this pair of shoulder pads. My old vapor x5.0's moved around on me alot and was really annoying

I just need to get myself some new elbow pads because my current bauer x5.0's got the middle strap torn right off of it after getting rubbed into the boards.

ive been purchasing a lot during the year, so I have only gone pretty mild this season thus far. I have more to come depending what I find under the tree from santa (he is still real, right?). Most of this season will be building my inline set, but I am capped at what I can spend out of pocket at this time by myself, so my hope is most people listened to my hinting for Total Hockey gift cards =)

What I got-

Alkali RPD Max inlines for 240

CCM RBZ Stage 2 65flex hossa R for 100

What I will get, in order of importance-

CCM roller girdle

IMS 11 helmet, or 11k helmet

shins for roller.

bag for roller.

Surprisingly... Nothing. Though I DID just buy a complete set of goalie gear a couple months ago ;)

I honestly can't think of anything I'd even want on the player side. I can't even remember the last time THAT happened! :)

STX Surgeon gloves. My wife sent me the shipping info, I guess they will be here Friday. Decently stoked, she actually listened when I was explaining them to her.

The STX Surgeon gloves are very nice - good pickup.

Here's what I've picked up:

Warrior DT1 LT Clarkson Pro Stock stick for $99 from Hockey Lion during their Black Friday Sale

Warrior QR Pro 100 Flex RH Yakupov curve for $129 and a $25 gift card (to bring the total over $150 and get free shipping) from Hockey Supremacy during their Black Friday sale. I had to wait for that one as it was back ordered, but just received it this morning.

Despite the fact that the KOR Shift 2 skates I'm currently using (for both ice and roller) are in good condition and I have 2 new pairs in the closet, a part of me is tempted to use the $25 gift card and the loyalty points I have with Hockey Supremacy to grab a pair of Mako skates on clearance. I've been resisting the temptation thus far, but the fact that the price keeps getting lower and my size is still in stock doesn't really help. I may cave if the price goes any lower on boxing day...I really should wait for the Mako 2 to go on clearance sometime in 2016 though. At the moment I don't really need more skates (although I didn't really need more sticks either...those tend to lose their pop or break sooner than skates wear out, but I'm generally not hard on sticks and they last me quite a while. I've never had to make a warranty claim on a stick).

That's a weird looking keyboard.. :wink:

Let's please try to keep this focused on what you got as actual Christmas gifts that you received... not what you bought for yourself. That's what the Show It Off thread is for.