Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stick9

Too much skate or a bad fit?

I wanted to bring this up at WF but forgot.

After breaking my foot my S12's just never felt right. I ended up in a pair on Supreme One.9's, which felt nice. I had some issues adjusting to them, but a good profiling and radius helped. However, I just don't feel very agile in them, certianly not like I did in my Eastons. My foot is essentially a V, narrow heel with a wide forefoot. The break has left me with an overly high instep.

I was initially concerned about the One.9's maybe being too much skate for me (5' 10"/165lbs). Now I am starting to question the overall fit. Not uncomfortable and I've had to switch to tongues in. I figured at some point I would adjust and get that agility back.

Could it my issues simply be the LS2.1 holder?

I usually tinker with the profile for a while and then end up swapping out holders for what I was more comfortable with in the past. That always seems to be the solution that works for me in these cases where I can't get comfortable in skates.

Agree with tinkering with the profile before giving up. When I was skating in my NXG's I felt that while they were okay after the first 5 skates that it took me a couple of more months to get them dialed in to where I wanted them to be.

Tinkering with the profile seemed to do the trick. Felt much more comfortable, I didnt feel like I was fighting the skate, which is what made me question the boot and fit.

Still need some more time to know for sure.