Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orzech

Custom Graf skates?

Hi, I'm now looking for new skates and I'm in love with Graf skates, and I have seen some players are wearing Graf boots with Bauer TuuK holder (or runner? DK, I'm not English :tongue: ). My question is: is it custom modified kit or I can buy it somewhere? Many thanks to someone who can explain me that, I'm just fascinated in those skates :wink:

I have seen guys wearing Grafs with Tuuk holders, but to my knowledge, they are pro stocks as Graf sells all retail skates with Cobra holders. I have seen them for sale on eBay, but again, they are always listed as pro stock, and have never seen them at retail, either in store or online.

Graf would not mount tuuk holders on a skate. That is something you would have to do on your own. Usually if a pro is using a different brand holder i.e. graf boot and tuuk holder graf will send just the boot to the team and the equipment manager will mount the holders. I don't see why graf wouldn't just send you a boot without a holder, but that is something you have to talk to the sales rep who is doing your fitting about.

Graf used to sell boots without holders and steel, I would imagine that they would still do it on a custom order. Talk to your local shop about it.

They also used to come with Tuuk holders, back before the Cobra was developed. Those old models show up on eBay once in a while.

Graf used to sell boots without holders and steel, I would imagine that they would still do it on a custom order. Talk to your local shop about it.

They still do it. Just specify that on the order form.