Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tpedersen3118

Getting back into the game

For some reason, I've never managed to quote anybody successfully (only) on this particular forum. I hit the Quote button and nothing ever happens. Tried highlighting text first and then hitting Quote too, but same nothing happens. Is there a setting or something I need to change in Windows 7 to use the Quote function here?

What browser are you using? Maybe you need to check your security options and make sure that scripts, etc., on this site aren't restricted.

When I came back to playing after a long layoff, my skates were probably older than yours -- 1975 Super Tacks. The rest of my equipment was older, except for my 1978 Cooper HP18 pants.

Mozilla 11 on Windows 7. No problem posting, quoting, or copying/pasting on any other forum, just on this one (still).

That's funny. I think the lightweight pants I practice in sometimes are also 1978 Cooper HP18s (they still have the tag but they're already packed for tomorrow). For games, I've "upgraded" to a couple of pairs of 1990 CCM Supra HP 610 Pros.

One of these days, (when I figure out how to solve my posting problems and upload pictures here), I gotta show you guys what I did to be able to keep using my Cooper SP gloves. Since I got more modern (pre-Reebok Jofa) elbow pads, there's obviously no way to use gloves with those long cuffs...but I love 'em. So instead of retiring them, I carefully ripped open the piping, pulled out all the padding and plastic guts, trimmed everything to fit, reinserted all the guts, and with (a ton of) help from my wife, sewed 'em back up with only two eyelets above the wrist roll instead of the original 4. I play in them now and they're great. She's never seen hockey before (other than on TV) and thinks my 50+ non-checking league is "hockey" but she's been taping our games and fulfilling equipment repair & restoration duties at home like a champ.

The gloves came out so well that a guy on my 50+ team gave me his to revive and when I showed them to the pro-shop guys afterwards, they thought I was just describing what I planned to do and didn't realize they were already done...and then asked to see them again after I told them and were very impressed how they came out. I wouldn't exactly call it a "hobby" but I suppose this is what people who have hobbies feel like when they do them.

I can't quote or cut and paste using IE 11 and Windows 7, but it works perfectly with Google Chrome and Windows 7. I just make sure to use Chrome when I want to quote or cut and paste anything.

Mozilla 11 on Windows 7. No problem posting, quoting, or copying/pasting on any other forum, just on this one (still).

That's funny. I think the lightweight pants I practice in sometimes are also 1978 Cooper HP18s (they still have the tag but they're already packed for tomorrow). For games, I've "upgraded" to a couple of pairs of 1990 CCM Supra HP 610 Pros.

I'm not familiar with Mozilla 11. I've been using mostly Firefox 35, also made by Mozilla.

I had to sell my HP18s since I outgrew them. Horizontally.

Here's my old stuff -- http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/62336-classic-gear-from-72-and-74/#entry947713

This belongs in the sweet spot thread!

Hey, those were nice pants! FYI, I sold them to a client who's using them regularly.