Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Dustin Byfuglien's All-Star skates

Tennis ball green seems popular these days. Almost everyone is wearing it at this year's Australian Open. :huh:

80'ties is back.

First thought was, hell that's awful. But the silver patch by the toe balances it somehow. I really like it. I think I'm just used to Byf's affinity for bright colors by now, with his blue accented skates and electric stick and blade coats. Although I don't think I'd be that comfortable wearing such flashy skates, even just white skates, it's cool how he destroys the traditionalism in the sport with a sense of style that works better than, say, Ovechkin, at least to me.

Fox-trax would have been cool had they gotten sensors in the net to indicate when a goal had been scored: the puck's glow would change. Still a bit too video gamey, but the first-down line on the screen in football has been a hit, no? There could have been better ways to execute the glow-puck, especially if it didn't interfere with the way the actual puck played.

Glow puck was one of the most distracting things ever attempted. I couldn't watch games that featured it. First down line is much more subtle and unobtrusive.

Skates aren't for me, but will probably look good with the unis.