Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

syinx

Easton Mako II Skate Squeaking Sound

I've noticed that while I'm walking on my skates, I'm getting a "squeaking sound" coming from the holder, and I'm feeling a bit of "give" or "springiness". It's not apparent at all when I'm skating, just walking around in them. Anybody know it could be? I don't see any visible cracks or fractures in the quarter package, the holders look okay. The only thing new about the skate was that I have the Step Blacksteel on them, but they fit snug.

I get that noise when I swapone set of blades for the other. I think the steel fits really tight in the holder between the pillars. I don't notice any detrimental effects

It's either the blade getting pushed into the holder, or it is the extendon guard.

I have the same issue with Mako I's and haven't had an issue.

Mine squeal when I crossover or tight turns

Harmonic imbalance, remove the steel and put in again, tighten snug see if it goes away. if not, then try the left blade in right skate and see if it goes away.

Harmonic imbalance, remove the steel and put in again, tighten snug see if it goes away. if not, then try the left blade in right skate and see if it goes away.

My wife says I have that when I try to sing.

No, do not use all coppers, your holders will more around and your steel will take on a bend.. No reason to mess with them at all and you won't gain anything by switching to Lightspeeds. Except perhaps if you are defense and can't skate with the stock pitch. Then couple of things you can do first, use step steel which has no pitch and or put a lift in the front.