Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlphaSierra

Article on Mike Green's Stealth (recent usage)

For all the repaint, decal talk out there. Here is an interesting article on Mike Green and his love for the Easton stealth. Says he is asking teammates to look in their garage, checking eBay. If the article is true, really shoots down the whole pros get what they want argument!

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2015/03/04/mike-green-is-playing-with-an-easton-stealth-stick-that-was-discontinued-almost-a-decade-ago/

They can get what they want made, however, there are some who have it in their heads that nothing will ever match that exact twig that they had. Shanahan was the same way with his Easton aluminum shafts. He bought up the last 2,000 in existence when Easton stopped making them.

No basis to doubt your point about getting what they want. However, if there was ever a king in hockey it is superstion. the interesting take away to me is, would guys cautious about superstition, go so far as to have a particular stick curve or flex be damned. Would Easton even consider catering to a player with "outdated" technology. And not to start a is Mike Green any good argument. For sake of the topic let's all go on the assumption he is a future HoF'er.

No basis to doubt your point about getting what they want. However, if there was ever a king in hockey it is superstion. the interesting take away to me is, would guys cautious about superstition, go so far as to have a particular stick curve or flex be damned. Would Easton even consider catering to a player with "outdated" technology. And not to start a is Mike Green any good argument. For sake of the topic let's all go on the assumption he is a future HoF'er.

From what I've been seeing during pro stock sales and pro stock sale forums, they don't cater. If they did, it'd be dressed as a top of the line stick. For example, an older style Mako II dressed as a V9. From a business stand-point, it wouldn't make sense for Easton to order/use outdated materials, pay for the equipment (if created differently than current models), pay someone with the knowledge necessary to build it, and on top of that... pay to market an outdated, old graphic stick for ONE player. Like all manufacturers, they pay to show their logo in the NHL, so it's easy to understand and see why they'd want to market their most expensive, top-of-the-line stick (as opposed to a stick that is 10-20 years old and won't be available to the public).

Sample order sheet (click to make the sheet larger) Basically showcasing how you can request a certain graphical style, but have it structured/made as a different model:

h10CSCl.jpg

The example (Mako II dressed a V9):

V0kih3N.jpg

hjaUZzy.jpg

What was it like, or what was it that made it so special? That was during the period where I was too poor to play hockey or even pay attention to equipment developments.

For the time of its product life, and for awhile after it. The Easton Stealth CNT's combination of pop, weight, feel, and durability, made it one of the best sticks of all time IMHO. Chippa being the only person that I have ever heard of that flat out didn't like it. Lol all I'm thinking about is TPS XN10 users trying to tell people why they love it.

I'd pay $300 a pop for RH Drury 85 CNTs today. Nothing has ever come close to that stick for me.

Thanx..... You reminded me that I have 2 brand new 100 flex RH Drury grip O.G. Stealths lying around some where.

I really didn't like the shaft shape of the CNT, the corners were just raised way too much for me, think Bauer corner tactile on steroids.

I really didn't like the shaft shape of the CNT, the corners were just raised way too much for me, think Bauer corner tactile on steroids.

Bingo!!!

That's one of the things he mentions in the linked post, how the raised corners were great for him. It's strange that that shape isn't still around then. Is there any reason why it could have been more tricky to mold and that's why they stopped? Or was it just not as popular overall so they decided to go back to their more established shaft shapes? Could be anything I guess.

I think the CNT tech was also fairly expensive to produce. A few things:

- The raised corners/exposed composite texture was very ergonomic and provided a great grip without requiring a lot of effort to secure the stick.

- They were indestructible

- They didn't lose pop

- The were super light and had ridiculous kick. I've never had a stick where the puck exploded off of it like the CNT.

- Despite the weight, the puck feel was amazing unlike the 400g sticks of today where it feels like you're stickhandling a bowling ball with a straw

CNT tech was also fairly expensive... They were indestructible...

If I were to guess, based on their marketing it as an ultra high performance and durability stick, this would be the thread I'm looking for in trying to figure out why it was killed. They were licensing the tech from Zyvex, and if it did everything as well as some people say it did, maybe they were just missing their payback in repeat purchases, due to decreased breakdown. Just a guess.

For all the repaint, decal talk out there. Here is an interesting article on Mike Green and his love for the Easton stealth. Says he is asking teammates to look in their garage, checking eBay. If the article is true, really shoots down the whole pros get what they want argument!

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2015/03/04/mike-green-is-playing-with-an-easton-stealth-stick-that-was-discontinued-almost-a-decade-ago/

This is why I love MSH!

I have 1 lightly used grip and one brand new non grip CNT 100 flex RH Sakic.

What pattern does old greener use? It is one of my favorite sticks as well. So much so that I have pretty well stopped using them to preserve it. as ****** up as that sounds! (Well and drury is my curve now)

What pattern does old greener use? It is one of my favorite sticks as well. So much so that I have pretty well stopped using them to preserve it. as ****** up as that sounds! (Well and drury is my curve now)

I believe that he uses Sakic as well, don't recall if he prefers 85 or 100.

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/60030-mike-greens-curve/

From the Bauer rep in this post, P92 Sakic not sure on the flex

Can the rest of you flex your CNT blade with your hands, or do I have a bum lemon copy?

It's not yours, I could do that with them as well. Probably the biggest reason that I didn't like them.